Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Headlight covers

4K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  KeystoneKid 
#1 ·
Where do I get headlight covers? (see pics below)

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
#9 ·
I just bought a full set of smoked headlight and taillight covers made my GT Styling. Yes, they are illegal where I live. They are advertised as not diffusing the light any, but I agree, probably not the safest idea on the street. I bought them because I like the way they look on 1st gen vans, and because I intend to take mine to car shows and truck-ins. Won't use them on the streets, just when parked/showing off.

#10 ·
I modified my head light covers to make them easily removable with velcro got pulled over once during the day and showed the officer how easily I can remove them when the sun goes down he liked the idea and let me be on my way. covering the headlights is also more aerodynamic then having a pocket for air to collect in while on the move. Other wise its just for show.

#15 ·
Just in case anybody reading this thread was wondering, the GT Styling headlight covers are not the full wrap-around style like in the 1st pics in the original post. They cover only the recessed part of the headlight door. They mount with little L-shaped brackets which you attach to the headlight doors with double-sided tape or screws. Not sure about the Wade products. Here's how the GT Styling covers look installed on a 1st gen van:
10834903_797829603616900_7005266383306306343_o.jpg

10848924_805068899559637_4288268504771226083_o.jpg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.