Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

driver door latch

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  diezil-foot 
#1 ·
Hey guys I'm having a problem and i need advice please, just got my van a month ago and i love it!... my driver door is droopy, previous owner must of slammed the hell out of it the latch is bent and my closing it today was its last leg hah. The door got stuck shut so i had to kick it open, i took out the latch and exterior door handle, i replaced door pins and bushings (only $10)!!. Door handle $20 , but nowhere can i find the door latch though! Its crazy noone sells it. Im going to the junkyard tomorrow to scavenge, my 3 questions are...

1. I have a 2000 chevy astro ls what other years are compatible for the door latch?

2. Are there other chevys like maybe s10 or 1500 that their door latchs would work?

3. Has anyone else had this problem?
I have reseached so much on the topic and noone fixes their door latch...please let me know what you guys think. My door is bungeed shut:( and i want my van back perfect

#5 ·
Okay so I went to the junk yard and they had a 98 astro ! It was too perfect . Only charged me $25 and a $2 fee to get in. :D . So i have fixed the door pins and bushings, exterior door handle, and the door latch! The door is open and closing perfect and I'm stoked only took me 20 minutes, but i did cut a cheater access hole with my grinder :cool: .The only thing now is the lock on the inside will lock, but not unlock so I get locked in lol. It feels like it doesn't want go all the way up and unlock, but i sprayed and cleaned the latch its working smooth, so I'm lost :| ...its not that big of a deal foreal just dont lock the door. Im just finishing my post and updateing, and if you have a idea for me let me know! So for future reference noone sells a door latch assembly!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.