Phantom grill 1995> Heeelllllppppp

Phantom grill 1995> Heeelllllppppp

Postby pa_richardson [OP] » May 2nd 2008, 12:31am

Hi guys,
I am new to this forumin the hope you maybe able to help.

I have a Chevy Astro 1985 which has a 1995 GMC front on it, it has a 5.7 tpi engine in it.

I live in London England and its hard to getcustom parts over here for the Astro's.

I have seen a few 1995> astros with Phantom grills the type which covers the lights and has a chevy stlye centre strip running full width.

I have seen these mainly on imports from Japan to England they look so cool.

I have been searching for 6-9 months now on google etc but no luck can any of you guys point me in the right direction to purchase one.

Hope you can help..

Thank You...
Original Poster [OP]
pa_richardson
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Years of Membership: pa_richardson has been a member for 6 full yearspa_richardson has been a member for 6 full yearspa_richardson has been a member for 6 full yearspa_richardson has been a member for 6 full yearspa_richardson has been a member for 6 full yearspa_richardson has been a member for 6 full years
Topics: 3
Alias (AKA): cai

Re: Phantom grill 1995> Heeelllllppppp

Postby chops » May 2nd 2008, 12:37am

check out stillen.com or stylinconcepts.com they may have what ya want
and keep us posted on what you find....
If your gonna street race dont be affraid to go to the left!
chops
V8 Swap Achievement
V8 Swap Achievement
Firing on 5 Cylinders (L1)
Firing on 5 Cylinders (L1)
Years of Membership: chops has been a member for 6 full yearschops has been a member for 6 full yearschops has been a member for 6 full yearschops has been a member for 6 full yearschops has been a member for 6 full yearschops has been a member for 6 full years
Topics: 40
Alias (AKA): Thechopfather

Postby violent b » May 2nd 2008, 1:21am

I feel your pain on this. I too was looking for a phantom grille, however I was lucky and someone here was selling their grille. Stillen made the grille but they don't make it anymore.
I have not seen the chevy strip you talk about. Here is a pic of the Stillen grille on my '95 Astro:

good luck with your search, I hope you find, and when you do please post up a pic.
The Midget and Monkey Madman!
violent b
Fueling (3/4 tank)
Fueling (3/4 tank)
Years of Membership: violent b has been a member for 6 full yearsviolent b has been a member for 6 full yearsviolent b has been a member for 6 full yearsviolent b has been a member for 6 full yearsviolent b has been a member for 6 full yearsviolent b has been a member for 6 full years
Topics: 16

Postby meetthespeakers » May 2nd 2008, 3:39pm

I am assuming that pa_richardson is wanting something like these, maybe someone can help him, it's really tough finding stuff for the vans these days. Goodluck! I know how hard it is to get any sort of aftermarket gear for the van, alot of it stopped being made years ago. Thats why we need to get the van's back in Truckin Mags to start an aftermarket again. :afro:

1998 Astro, 1993 Astro, 1973 Austin Mini Clubman Estate, 1980 Trabant, 1961 Morris Minor
meetthespeakers
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L1)
Years of Membership: meetthespeakers has been a member for 6 full yearsmeetthespeakers has been a member for 6 full yearsmeetthespeakers has been a member for 6 full yearsmeetthespeakers has been a member for 6 full yearsmeetthespeakers has been a member for 6 full yearsmeetthespeakers has been a member for 6 full years
Topics: 68
Year: 1993
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: Bagged

Postby violent b » May 2nd 2008, 3:40pm

wow, that's tight. I like that look. I've never seen that phantom grille before, but it looks good!
violent b
Fueling (3/4 tank)
Fueling (3/4 tank)
Years of Membership: violent b has been a member for 6 full yearsviolent b has been a member for 6 full yearsviolent b has been a member for 6 full yearsviolent b has been a member for 6 full yearsviolent b has been a member for 6 full yearsviolent b has been a member for 6 full years

Postby pa_richardson [OP] » May 2nd 2008, 10:08pm

Hi guys, Yes they are exactly what im looking for they look so custom but in a very tastful way and will suit my van perfectly,
I bought the van from Florida in 1995 and shipped it back to England the van is 1985 but the 1995 front fenderand bonnet converstion was done the same time the new style front end was realeased.
Due to import laws on new vehicles this van was the only astro in england in this style for many years it was built as an audio demo van for Stinger and Lanzar and was the loudest vehicle in england in the 90's...

The van has just had a fresh paint job and now looking for the new look front end will post pics soon.

the van is having an interior make over and equipment change to Rockford Fosgate and a lot of it.

The engine has been giving me trouble which is a camaro 5.7 tpi i think i got it sorted now after changing most of the sensors, its a monster especially for
here in england as fuel is expensive, It costs £130 to fill the tank..

I have found a grill on stylintrucks.com but not as special as the Phantom, so please guys do some searching for me as most people over here have not even heard of an Astro....

Paul
Original Poster [OP]
pa_richardson
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Years of Membership: pa_richardson has been a member for 6 full yearspa_richardson has been a member for 6 full yearspa_richardson has been a member for 6 full yearspa_richardson has been a member for 6 full yearspa_richardson has been a member for 6 full yearspa_richardson has been a member for 6 full years

Postby pa_richardson [OP] » May 2nd 2008, 10:11pm

One more thing guys i am looking for some nice wheels maybe 20's for this i like deep dish wheels(Polished or Chrome) and also Wire Spoke maybe 18-19's.
Does any body have any and willing to ship them to england of course with money paid in advance.

Paul
Original Poster [OP]
pa_richardson
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)

Postby meetthespeakers » May 3rd 2008, 4:18am

Not sure if you would like these, but I got these last month for a good price. They are American Racing Torqlites, Polished lip, with a powder coated center. They have them available in all chrome, gray center, or silver center. I'm runnin 18x7's, and they have about a 2" Dish. I like em :roll:
1998 Astro, 1993 Astro, 1973 Austin Mini Clubman Estate, 1980 Trabant, 1961 Morris Minor
meetthespeakers
Years of Membership: meetthespeakers has been a member for 6 full yearsmeetthespeakers has been a member for 6 full yearsmeetthespeakers has been a member for 6 full yearsmeetthespeakers has been a member for 6 full yearsmeetthespeakers has been a member for 6 full yearsmeetthespeakers has been a member for 6 full years

Postby meetthespeakers » May 3rd 2008, 4:22am

Oh, as far as the grill... I'm sorry to say, but either looking on ebay, or in the for sale section here I think is your best bet, when you see one, you just have to jump on it. I am finally getting the front I always wanted, but it took me waiting 2 years....and another member on here wrecking his van. I have searched and searched before for different style fronts for the van, and no one makes them (other than the basic stuff). But GOOD LUCK! Someone prove me wrong.
meetthespeakers

Postby Necrocom4 » May 3rd 2008, 1:23pm

just found this one on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/85-94-1989-1994-Chevy-Astro-Phantom-Billet-Grille-492_W0QQitemZ320245678980QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item320245678980&

doesnt seem to be the style and probably not the front end your looking for. they seem to be pretty pricey.
Necrocom4
Fueling (1/2 tank)
Fueling (1/2 tank)
Years of Membership: Necrocom4 has been a member for 6 full yearsNecrocom4 has been a member for 6 full yearsNecrocom4 has been a member for 6 full yearsNecrocom4 has been a member for 6 full yearsNecrocom4 has been a member for 6 full yearsNecrocom4 has been a member for 6 full years
Topics: 9

Postby violent b » May 3rd 2008, 7:11pm

meetthespeakers wrote:Image

Not sure if you would like these, but I got these last month for a good price. They are American Racing Torqlites, Polished lip, with a powder coated center. They have them available in all chrome, gray center, or silver center. I'm runnin 18x7's, and they have about a 2" Dish. I like em :roll:

:bravo: to a good looking van!
violent b
Fueling (3/4 tank)
Fueling (3/4 tank)

Postby pa_richardson [OP] » May 3rd 2008, 11:46pm

I have seen the grill on ebay before but its for astros upto 94 mines a95 onwards.
Nice wheels yes but notquite the style im looking for sadly.

The grill is my first priority any how...

I will keep searching and let you know...
Original Poster [OP]
pa_richardson
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)

Postby pa_richardson [OP] » May 15th 2008, 11:45pm

COME ON GUYS....thre has been over 180 views on this thread surely just one person must be able to help us on where we can get phantom grill fora 95 onwards they are easily available for pre 95's do these company see no gap in the market..

Any help would be appreciated...
Any other good custom van shop sites...

Thanks
Original Poster [OP]
pa_richardson
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)

Postby meetthespeakers » May 16th 2008, 2:46pm

Like I said man, your best bet unfortunetly is gonna be ebay or one of the astro forums. I searched and searched and have not been able to find anything in production anymore. There was one member selling his on the boards, but it got scooped up in a heartbeat. Goodluck though.
meetthespeakers

Postby pa_richardson [OP] » June 2nd 2008, 11:03pm

Found a Phantom Grill for sale sadly it has the van attached to it....offered him a part ex will see what happens...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... Track=true
Original Poster [OP]
pa_richardson
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)

Postby pa_richardson [OP] » June 11th 2008, 11:58pm

Could this be the answer toour prayers...

http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/PRE801360.htm

I cant get hold of apicture from them does any body know if its what im looking for..
Original Poster [OP]
pa_richardson
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)

Postby isenegger » September 7th 2008, 12:33am

hey big blue.... what size tires do u have on the 18"s?
isenegger
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Years of Membership: isenegger has been a member for 6 full yearsisenegger has been a member for 6 full yearsisenegger has been a member for 6 full yearsisenegger has been a member for 6 full yearsisenegger has been a member for 6 full yearsisenegger has been a member for 6 full years
Alias (AKA): matt