Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

CONVERSION VAN BUCKET SEATS

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Big_kid 
#1 ·
1993 ASTRO CONVERSION VAN CAN YOU TAKE REAR BUCKET SEATS AND REPLACE THEM IN FRONT ?

#4 ·
I have factory rear buckets in the front of my '02.

Conversion van buckets probably are bolted in on a different pattern than the factory. They might not work without some drilling, though.

PS: On the internet, typing in all caps is considered shouting - and rude. Plus, it's harder to read.

#5 ·
My conversion van has non-factory seats, made by Flex-Steel. They are not mounted on factory bases. The front and middle row captain chairs are identical so I could move mine front to middle and vice versa. I can't answer definitively about yours because we don't have all your info. Best way would be to look under the seats and measure the bolt hole distances on your chairs.

-Andrew

#6 ·
icebrrg3rd said:
I can't answer definitively about yours because we don't have all your info. Best way would be to look under the seats and measure the bolt hole distances on your chairs.
agreed.

I'd imagine that it depends on the specific make of the conversion whether they used the factory bolt pattern. I put front seats from a gen2 Mark III conversion into my gen1 with no problems, they did use the same mounts

#7 ·
Look at the mounting pedestals. If the holes in the floor are the same, they should fit. I have Jeep seats mounted on top of Astro pedestals. Comfy, and they sit a little higher than stock. I also have seats from a PT Cruiser I've mounted on shorter bases from a conversion van. They sit lower, but the angle is off so I tend to slide out of them. There's enough room in these vans that almost anything is possible seatwise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.