Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Latches, paint, and switches oh my!

848 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  93xtmoney 
#1 ·
I picked up a few things at the dealership today. Touchup paint, pop out window button, and door lock button.

A pop out window latch how to:

First thing to is slide out the metal pin that holds the latch to the button on the window.

Next you wanna pull the latch back towards you or you can gently snap it off the little bar that holds it.

Then your gonna loosen the screw that hold the two halves together, as seen in the pic below. Then your gonna pull the two halves apart but gently so you don't lose the two rubber seals. The piece that's broke you'll take the rubber seal off and put it on the new half. Then your gonna put the two halves back together but pay close attention because there's a certain way they go back together a special slot system so to speak. Then after you get them together and started to tighten them down make sure inside half is straight so the pin slides in straight and easy. Push the latch back up close to the button, slide the pin in and your done! Great working latch again!!

Heres the outside half of the button and you see a little bit of the special slot.

Here's a pic of the groove that the bar snaps into.

A pic of the bar I mentioned.

A couple pics of the center dash buttons I painted the same as the body color.

See less See more
#2 ·

The one on the bottom is the new one. I picked up a new lock button but it's too wide and it's not the same in anyway so I'll have to take it back!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.