Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

94 digital instrument Cluster to 95 Analog

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  doyoulikeithere 
#1 ·
Just wondering what wiring or sender changes might be required if I tried to change out the digital cluster to a analog one?
The voltage gauge on the digital just doesn't seem to work/register correctly and while looking for some stuff at a local bone yard on a early 95 the analog looked so clean!!! So I was thinking of a swap out? :confused:

#2 ·
I got the analog gauge you want to switch to. Voltage dont read any better. It a interior power/ground issue. Under the hood it all peaches. Run a hot from the battery and splice into a interior hot. I already got a serious extra ground hooked up. Now the gauge reads correctly. I been there and done that.
Just letting you know the gauge you got is probably fine.
I took mine out and tested the gauge. It read correct it is a wiring issue.

#4 ·
Aw man I cant believe you want to get rid of your tron super modern digital for plain old analog.

I just spent weeks changing out my 98 motorcycle dash to an 08 digital speedo unit. I find digital way safer as it lets you see the exact speed quicker. For what you are saying you could put a digital volt guage on for cheap and be done with it.

Thats another thing I did on the bike. Easy to see standing and charging voltage. I hate push starting.

#5 ·
Well... It may be awhile, but I'm still thinking about snagging the analog cluster out of the 95 at the bone yard. I'm not very trusting of digital. It took 2 trips to Auto Zone on a bad battery before I could convince them that their digital testers don't properly read the battery condition. And that's only because the new assistant manager listened and prior one all she wanted to do is tell me how wrong I was!
Digital meters only take a sample.
Anyway I'm still wondering what else I may need to take out of that 95 "IF" I do convert at a latter date?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.