Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

interchangable parts for 1997 Astro

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  97TurboAstro 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,
I,m new here, and a new Astro owner, I'm a newbie at certain info for these vans, however I am interested in upgrading my 1997 Astro LS meaning that I'm looking to find the console for the ceiling between the driver and passenger seat, also looking for specs on replacement speaker size, and a factory cd player, rubber cup holders, aluminum factory wheels that came on newer models, just to mention a few , reference websites or anyone with information on the years of interchangable parts, or anything will help, Thank You, looking forward to talking with everyone.

#2 ·
The little rubber cup holder inserts for the 1999 are much better. They will fit right in your cup holder. A few years ago, they were only a couple bucks each at the dealer. The right and left inserts are different part numbers, so get one of each. Best upgrade I ever did! :banana:

The OE Astro wheels are 15 x 6.5. The 1/2 ton pickup wheels are the same bolt pattern and 15 x 7.0. I had 235/70-15s on my 1997 Astro on Suburban wheels. They didn't rub, but when I put them on my wife's 1999 AWD, they did rub a bit... We had to go with the 225/70-15s on her van. The B-body [Crap-piece, Roadmaster, etc.] wheels have the same bolt pattern; they should bolt -on if you're looking for other GM wheels

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.