Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

V8 exhaust parts I picked up today

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  RAZMAN 
#1 ·
I bought these pipes from a 1998 chevy suburban in a pick and pull yard today for $14.00 bucks. pics below.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Another option is to buy JC Whitney "U bends" and weld up the system. That also lets you have the same size pipe all the way instead of crushing the pipe in the bends which really kills the flow. A good weld has the same size bead on either side of the weld but that doesn't effect flow at all as it flows out the center of the pipe and just the return wave hugs the wall of the pipe and any extra bead is just a built in anti reversion system. How do I know this you ask? I owned and operated my own Super Flow flow bench for over 30 years and studied and learned quite a bit about air flow. DRZ aka HPbyStan.

#9 ·
this was a cheap way to get the exhaust done till I get to California and find out what I can do and can't do. If it is legal I will continue to use it just because it is a nice set of custom pipes. I still have to figure out whether I need to cut some pipe off to put the Y one or not but I will take a few pics as I progress.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.