WTB 2003-2005 AWD Astro/Safari

WTB 2003-2005 AWD Astro/Safari

Postby PJorgen [OP] » June 15th 2012, 2:43am

Looking for an '03 to '05 AWD passenger version. Would prefer less than 100k miles but would consider more if you have good maintenance records. I'm in the NorCal SF Bay Area and am willing to drive up to 200 miles for the right van.
2003 AWD Safari - being converted into the "Troutmobile"
Original Poster [OP]
PJorgen
Fueling (5/8 tank)
Fueling (5/8 tank)
Years of Membership: PJorgen has been a member for 2 full yearsPJorgen has been a member for 2 full years
Topics: 22
Year: 2003
Van Make/Model: GMC Safari
Extra Info: AWD

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author

Re: WTB 2003-2005 AWD Astro/Safari

Postby stevenjon918 » June 18th 2012, 9:52pm

I have just bought one and when I was looking a guy in Sac had one with what I thought at the time was to many miles , but can say this . I f your van your consittering has over 150k you should still consitter it as long as it has been well cared for . It would seen to me that this van will go 200k easy with proper care , and if the price is right the cost of a new trans should not be a problem . In my case I paid 3500.00 and the van had 135k on it , factor in that I am sure that this van will see 200k without much in repairs thats 65k in a great van for a little over 3k , and as long as the inter holds up I,ll put a trans in it and see how many more miles I can get . Short of it is GM built a great van just needs to be cared for so don,t be to scared of hi mileage . Good Luck . P.S. I took a bus to easter Washington to find the one I bought . :)
stevenjon918
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Years of Membership: stevenjon918 has been a member for 2 full yearsstevenjon918 has been a member for 2 full years
Topics: 1
Alias (AKA): Steven
Year: 1999
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro

Postby PJorgen [OP] » June 22nd 2012, 10:25pm

Took your advice and bought one yesterday with 125k miles on the clock - a 2003 Safari AWD in great shape. Looking forward to driving it!
2003 AWD Safari - being converted into the "Troutmobile"
Original Poster [OP]
PJorgen
Fueling (5/8 tank)
Fueling (5/8 tank)
Years of Membership: PJorgen has been a member for 2 full yearsPJorgen has been a member for 2 full years
Topics: 22
Year: 2003
Van Make/Model: GMC Safari
Extra Info: AWD

Postby slipperychicken » July 13th 2012, 3:12am

Cool, Paul! Pics please...
slipperychicken
Fueling (1/8 tank)
Fueling (1/8 tank)
Years of Membership: slipperychicken has been a member for 2 full yearsslipperychicken has been a member for 2 full years
Topics: 2
Alias (AKA): chicken
Year: 2000
Extra Info: Cargo 4.3L AWD

Postby jimcubed » September 3rd 2012, 1:04pm

Hello to van shopper

9.02/2012 reply to your WTB request. For a 2005 Astro AWD van.

Well I have a 2005 Astro AWD for sale. Here are some of the descriptive items concerning this low mileage vehicle, 20,052 miles on odometer, white body, tan cloth and carpet interior, good tires and glass, ready to tow with receivers front and rear with trailer wiring on rear bumper (tows 5500#) 4.3 liter V6, automatic transmission, AM FM radio with single CD player and multiple speakers throughout vans interior, air-conditioner and heat in front and rear of vans interior, seats 8 small flexible passengers, I am not sure what accessories and options it doesn’t have other than leather seat covers, keyless remote entry included with extra keys and a remote, owners manual included, roof rack on top, and a spare tire underneath the rear of the body.

EXCELLENT SHAPE ONE OF A KIND VEHICLE located in my garage in Olympia WA and priced at $13,000 and cash always is the best for me. Banks and credit unions lend in excess of $12,000 on these vans. Because it is in the shape that it is I feel good about my asking price.

My name is Jim at 360-791-6969, Verizon cell telephone to telephone is free of charge.
Email address is jimcubed@comcast.net

God bless you (no bless us),
Jim Makula
jimcubed
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Years of Membership: jimcubed has been a member for 3 full yearsjimcubed has been a member for 3 full yearsjimcubed has been a member for 3 full years
Extra Info: LT 4.3L AWD