Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Where can I purchase these speaker grills?

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  WimpTech 
#1 ·
Does anyone have a part number or know where I can purchase these grills?

I tried 2 local pick-n-pulls, but no luck.

also looking for the under seat storage drawers, but the grills are the most important.

any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

See less See more
#3 ·
Interior parts are a junkyard only part. People that have them generally are using them.

I had a parts van i stripped the interior out of. But I am keeping my van. So I will eventually use all the parts as I wear out what I got. I got a gen1 so it isn't any help anyway.

But that is why no answer. Nobody has a spare one.

#4 ·
chevymaher said:
Interior parts are a junkyard only part. People that have them generally are using them.

I had a parts van i stripped the interior out of. But I am keeping my van. So I will eventually use all the parts as I wear out what I got. I got a gen1 so it isn't any help anyway.

But that is why no answer. Nobody has a spare one.
damn, thats a real bummer... I want to put component speakers in and thats a perfect place for a tweeter. This is the only car i've had where you can't just get a part number for something like that and order a new one. If anyone is parting out a van and has them, let me know.

#6 ·
I think i have 2 in neutral color , i d have to dig i also have the under tray with the bracket , but now question is how much would the shipping be , we might be thousands of miles away , also look at my build tread and see what i did ,it was a cheap and very efficient upgrade .

#8 ·
Are you still looking for these? I was in the JY today getting a parking brake assembly and I grabbed them out of a van that looks like the same color as your photo. One looks perfect to me and the other has a slight crack near the edge but you can't see it unless you bend it. I can take photos if you want. Let me know, it will only cost you shipping.

#10 ·
joeg said:
This is the only car i've had where you can't just get a part number for something like that and order a new one.
Really...?
I honestly can't believe what I am reading! Maybe you should have bought a vehicle that is still in Production. These Vans were last built in 2005.
But there has never been an "Aftermarket Supply House" for 100% of the parts for these Vans, just as there is not one for Hundreds of other Models.
This is not a Mustang, 55 Chevy or the like - Nor can you carry a 4 x 8 sheet of plywood inside them.

Sorry , Rant over.

Mike

#11 ·
sixsix said:
joeg said:
This is the only car i've had where you can't just get a part number for something like that and order a new one.
Really...?
I honestly can't believe what I am reading! Maybe you should have bought a vehicle that is still in Production. These Vans were last built in 2005.
What he failed to tell you is that it's the only vehicle he has owned ;)

#12 ·
Yeah, I was a little taken back by Joe's comment too, so reality check.

Joe- Personally, I didn't read into it that this was your first car, only the first car you couldn't just order parts for. However, if it is your first, you probably don't have a bunch of money to spend on it, so the junkyard will be your new best friend for stuff like that, interior, body parts, seats, wheels, big ticket items. Anything like hoses, belts, small sensors, etc, usually better off going to Amazon or LAPS to buy. As you learn more, you will be able to spot those pristine sensors and other parts in the JY and save even more.

For example... In the odd chance that you (Joe) do actually find a part number and someone who has one in stock, expect to pay a ridiculous amount of money for it. Google junkyards in your area, like this http://www.yellowpages.com/rockaway-nj/auto-salvage-yards and pull one out of there for about $3. There appears to be many in your area.

Ohhh, BTW about the pick-n-pull... I find myself looking through a couple dozen vans at a few different yards with my list (Google Keep) and start knocking things off the list. Never know what you will find, so this method has worked well for me.

Just my :2:

#13 ·
No need to take offense guys... Just my personal experience. No, this is not my first car by a long shot. I guess I'm just lucky enough to have owned cars that have very easily obtained parts. Currently my other 2 cars are a 93 Miata and a BMW E24. The amount of available parts for the miata are staggering, between forums/ebay/aftermarket/etc... I know this is not the same for most cars. The cool thing BMWs have is a site called realoem where you can see the exploded views of everything with part numbers. Its similar to some of the sites i've seen for gm parts, but realoem gets REALLY granular. You can get part numbers for all kinds of obscure things (now, once you have the part number, how much it costs is a different story).

Didn't mean it as a slam on the Astro, I was just surprised at how hard it is to get this one specific part quickly. About to take my van across the country, so I was in a big rush to get parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.