Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

The BIG3 upgrade Guide

13K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  JaxSPL 
#1 ·
Hi JaxSPL! This triggered a thought......If I have 2 or say, 3 runs of 0 AWg off the + battery to power my amps, shouldn't I be using the same amount of runs to each point in the Big 3 ? I've never thought of it like that before and never see it in all the write-ups and videos I've watched about the process
We need ample return to ground so it would seem to me that we need equal runs of wire, correct?

I have an electronics degree and electro/mechanical background in aerospace and I LOVE technical answers - the more info the better. I enjoy all the nit picly details that others don't care about.

#3 ·
The problem with trying to get the same lengths with the big 3 is everything is in a different spot. Going from the battery to the alternator will be the longest run of wire. If you make the other 2 wires the same length of that one, you're going to have an unsightly roll of wire zip tied somewhere in the engine bay. Not good.
Another thing to think about is all of the factory wiring are not the same exact lengths either.

So no, having all the wires the same length is not needed.

I hope that makes sense. I've got so much stuff running through my mind right now. Multi-tasking is slow it's functions down quite a bit today.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.