Viper 350 Plus Wiring

Viper 350 Plus Wiring

Postby rj_whitten [OP] » August 2nd 2010, 1:20am

I am trying to install a viper keyless entry/security alarm on a 2000 gmc safari and I got a wiring diagram from http://www.modifiedlife.com/2000-gmc-safari-auto-alarm-install-instructions/ however it tells me to look under the driver side kick board for certain color wires and I am finding there are multiple of some of these colors. i.e. Light Blue has about 2-3 wires. Also there are two bundles of wires located under there. one under the steering wheel and the other going through the fire wall. Does anyone have a better wiring description to match the viper diagram below.

1. Orange (-) -500 mA Armed Output (ground when armed)
2. White (+)/(-) Selectable Light Flash Output
3. White/Blue (-) -200 mA Channel 3 programmable Output (Dunno what this is)
4. Black/White (-) -200 mA Domelight Supervision
5. Green (-) door trigger input zone 3
6. Blue (-) Instant Trigger Input Zone 1
7. Violet (+) Door Trigger Input, Zone 3
8. Black (-) Chassis Ground Input
9. Yellow (+) Switched Ignition Input
10. Brown (+) Siren Input
11. Red (+) Constant Power Input
12. Red/White (-) 200 mA Channel 2 Output

Any help is greatly appreciated. I am looking for a diagram atm to see if there is any that is easy for me to read. :poke:
Original Poster [OP]
rj_whitten
U.S. Armed Forces
U.S. Armed Forces
Fueling (3/4 tank)
Fueling (3/4 tank)
Years of Membership: rj_whitten has been a member for 4 full yearsrj_whitten has been a member for 4 full yearsrj_whitten has been a member for 4 full yearsrj_whitten has been a member for 4 full years
Topics: 16
Alias (AKA): Jeuno
Van Make/Model: GMC Safari
Extra Info: SLE 4.3L V6 RWD

Re: Viper 350 Plus Wiring

Postby webcat » August 2nd 2010, 2:05am

I dont know if this will help but heres a schematic for the viper 5900.
If your looking for the door lock wires , i believe you can find the correct wire by applying 12 volts to the wires that you suspect to be right ones in the drivers side kick panel , the correct wire will lock/unlock the door when 12 volts are applied.
Attachments
1.JPG
Last edited by webcat on August 2nd 2010, 9:12am, edited 3 times in total.
webcat
Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Firing on 3 Cylinders (L3)
Years of Membership: webcat has been a member for 5 full yearswebcat has been a member for 5 full yearswebcat has been a member for 5 full yearswebcat has been a member for 5 full yearswebcat has been a member for 5 full years
Topics: 252
Alias (AKA): Larry aka Rambo
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: g10 5.7L vortec

Postby webcat » August 2nd 2010, 2:09am

Here's a link to find specific vehicles wiring
http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/vehicles.html
Attachments
s.jpg
s.jpg (72.29 KiB) Viewed 5160 times
webcat
Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Years of Membership: webcat has been a member for 5 full yearswebcat has been a member for 5 full yearswebcat has been a member for 5 full yearswebcat has been a member for 5 full yearswebcat has been a member for 5 full years

Postby rj_whitten [OP] » August 2nd 2010, 2:23am

Thanks alot I will give this a try and see if it works. I'm not to familiar with doing alarms and would have had them install it, but I wouldn't have learned anything. Just a question though. Is that 200 ohm resistor on the siren required? Mine didn't come with one.
Original Poster [OP]
rj_whitten
U.S. Armed Forces
U.S. Armed Forces
Fueling (3/4 tank)
Fueling (3/4 tank)
Years of Membership: rj_whitten has been a member for 4 full yearsrj_whitten has been a member for 4 full yearsrj_whitten has been a member for 4 full yearsrj_whitten has been a member for 4 full years

Postby webcat » August 2nd 2010, 2:28am

As you can see in the schematic , most of the wires from the alarm are'nt needed for a basic install , a basic install will keep your car secure and let you lock and unlock the doors with the viper remote and you can also remote start your vehichle .
What wire has you most confused?
webcat
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

Postby tedanderson » August 2nd 2010, 2:43am

I don't know what model you have but generally the purpose of the resistor is to "supervise" the circuit. So in the event that a thief found a way to cut the siren wire, the system would detect it, flash the lights and disable the starter.

Normally you wouldn't need one and there is probably a jumper on your circuit board that you would cut in order to enable this function.
tedanderson
Team Leader
Team Leader
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L3)
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L3)
Years of Membership: tedanderson has been a member for 5 full yearstedanderson has been a member for 5 full yearstedanderson has been a member for 5 full yearstedanderson has been a member for 5 full yearstedanderson has been a member for 5 full years
Topics: 68
Alias (AKA): 2Big4aMiniVan

Postby webcat » August 2nd 2010, 2:45am

Better yet you could pull out your drivers side door lock switch and do a continuity test from the blue wire at the switch to the blue wire in the kick panel ,,, and then do the same from the white wire at the door lock switch to the white wire at the kick panel ,,,,doing this should show you which wires in the kick panel are the correct door lock wires
webcat
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

Postby webcat » August 2nd 2010, 2:56am

In the schematic i posted , i installed the resister in the siren circuit to make it quiet when arming /disarming and also when its tripped , the Viper 5900 is a two way pager alarm that will page you when tripped so no need for a loud siren .
If his alarm does'nt have a paging system , he would not want to use a resister in that circuit.
also they sale add on pager systems that are very easy to install , i highly recommend one .
I have a Autopage AP4000EX even though my Viper 5900 has a paging system , just xtra protection
Attachments
IMG_5493.JPG
webcat
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

Postby rj_whitten [OP] » August 2nd 2010, 3:15am

It is raining here so I had to postpone the install. This uses a "514N Soft-Chirp siren which is 6 db softer than the full volume. This means that arming and disarming chirps, Warn-Away chirps, and the first stage of the two stage progressive door trigger will be 6 db quieter than the sirens constant output."

tedanderson wrote:I don't know what model you have but generally the purpose of the resistor is to "supervise" the circuit. So in the event that a thief found a way to cut the siren wire, the system would detect it, flash the lights and disable the starter.

Normally you wouldn't need one and there is probably a jumper on your circuit board that you would cut in order to enable this function.
The model is the Viper 350 Plus 1 way

As I am far from this vehicle a lot the pager would do me no justice. It is parked at my house and only moves once a month as I drive my work truck everywhere.
Original Poster [OP]
rj_whitten
U.S. Armed Forces
U.S. Armed Forces
Fueling (3/4 tank)
Fueling (3/4 tank)

Postby webcat » August 2nd 2010, 3:22am

rj_whitten wrote:As I am far from this vehicle a lot the pager would do me no justice. It is parked at my house and only moves once a month as I drive my work truck everywhere.

Good point , i am always within a quarter mile of my van so it works good for my circumstances.
webcat
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

Postby rj_whitten [OP] » August 2nd 2010, 6:30am

So I compiled a excel document of what I hope is the right color scheme, Can someone look over it and verify that it has all the correct connections. I am a bit confused with some of the wiring schemes still as there are multiple of the same color under the drivers kick panel. They say to me "Light blue - Power door lock", there are 3-4 light blues under there. same with whites and yellows. It says gray/black for dome supervision but I need the relay according to viper, as hooking to the dome lights will blow the module. the12volt.com says to connect to the BCM for the door trigger but modifiedlife.com says there are 4 triggers for one for each door and that you need to connect to them all. However modified life also has BCM listed under where they say you need to connect to all 4.

Door Trigger Negative Wire (-): This vehicle has 4 door triggers, the driver side door is a blue (-) purple plug, pin B4, the passengers door is a orange (-) purple plug, pin B2, the sliding door is a pink (-) in the light blue plug, pin B10 and the rear door is a yellow (-) light blue plug, pin B11. When connecting to and alarm system use all 4 door trigger wires and diode isolate.
Door Trigger Negative Wire Location: At BCM. The BCM (body control module) is located above the climate controls.

http://www.modifiedlife.com/2000-gmc-safari-auto-alarm-install-instructions/
http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/alarmdetail/999.html

This is just confusing if you never installed an alarm before :shrug: . Again any help is appreciated and thanks again in advance.

-RW
Attachments
Viper wiring.xlsx
Excel document with wiring scheme
(12.47 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
Viper wiring.pdf
Alternative PDF however the Excel layout is superior
(40.16 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
Original Poster [OP]
rj_whitten
U.S. Armed Forces
U.S. Armed Forces
Fueling (3/4 tank)
Fueling (3/4 tank)

Postby webcat » August 2nd 2010, 8:43am

They say to look in the drivers side kick panel for the blue and white wire ,,, what i did on mine was
remove the drivers side door lock , look for a blue wire going to it , this blue wire is the wire that you connect to the Vipers blue door lock output wire
I did a continuity test using the blue wire at the door lock switch because i knew this was the correct wire but i did'nt want to wire up at the door lock , i wanted to wire it up at the kick panel ,, if you dont know what a continuity test is i'll explain it here just in case you dont know .
A continuity test will allow you to find out which one of those blue wires at the kick panel is the one your looking for by using the blue wire at the door lock switch that you know is correct
Then you do the same to find which white wire in the kick panel is the correct one.
Attachments
ex.jpg
webcat
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

Postby webcat » August 2nd 2010, 9:09am

As for the Dome supervision , i believe that is a xtra feature that you would'nt necessarily need , if i'm thinking right the Dome supervision turns the dome light on for 60 (or 30) seconds after the car is turned off.
if you want Dome supervision its not that hard to wire a relay.
You could buy a standard automotive relay from autozone $8 ,, it will have the pins numbered so you'll know how to wire it up.
Attachments
DS.jpg
DS.jpg (16.77 KiB) Viewed 4412 times
Last edited by webcat on August 2nd 2010, 9:47am, edited 1 time in total.
webcat
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

Postby webcat » August 2nd 2010, 9:16am

Also i edited the viper schematic that i posted to show where the diodes go in the door lock wiring.
webcat
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

Postby webcat » August 2nd 2010, 9:27am

forget about having four door trigger wires , if you hook the blue wire from Viper to blue wire at door lock and green wire from viper to white wire at door lock you'll be alright , these wires are like the masters , when you hit the lock button on the remote , ALL the doors will lock , when you press unlock on the remote ALL doors will unlock
Last edited by webcat on August 2nd 2010, 10:44am, edited 1 time in total.
webcat
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

Postby webcat » August 2nd 2010, 9:30am

Do you connect to all 3?
No just two
1 blue and 1 white

They say hook to BCM , dont let that confuse you , the blue and the white wire that i'm telling you to use go to the BCM ( the blue and the white wires at the drivers side door lock switch are the correct ones)
webcat
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

Postby webcat » August 2nd 2010, 9:41am

By the way the viper wiring diagram you posted is for a remote start viper alarm , i just thought i'd tell you in case you did'nt know , just thought you might be trying to figure out where some wires go that you dont need to since yours is'nt remote start.
should be fine to use as long as you disregard the remote start part of it.
webcat
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

Postby webcat » August 2nd 2010, 9:53am

White Selectable light flash +/-
I normally dont hook these up because i dont like my parking lamps to flash , so i have no experience with these.
webcat
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

Postby webcat » August 2nd 2010, 10:17am

Attachments
11.jpg
12.jpg
webcat
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

Postby webcat » August 2nd 2010, 10:42am

Attachments
d.jpg
d.jpg (45.54 KiB) Viewed 4411 times
webcat
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

Next