Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Blower Motor Resistor

7K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  JohnnyC16117 
#1 ·
Hi All .. Got a quick question, Where is the blower motor resistor located on my 94' Astro? I found allot of posts about the resistor itself but none to aim me toward its exact location on my van. I was told it was on the inside passenger side under the dash on top of or near heater box. However I cant seem to find anything there and I suspect that its location is instead under the hood above the blower itself on the firewall. There is a small bracket with approx three small enclosed boxes mounted to it which I am assuming are relays and maybe the resistor I am in search of ( I Hope ). If this is the correct location should be a snap to replace .. fingers are crossed that I am right , lol

P.S. If needed I can take a pic of this bracket to post later today..also my van has no rear heat or AC if that matters on where its location is .. much thanks :D

#3 ·
on my 94 it is under the hood. Its actually just behind a big bundle of wires and big connectors just under the hood on the passenger side. On top of the plastic box housing the heater and AC cores. There is a big plug and two screws to remove the resistor pack. BTW sometimes the reason these blow is because your heter motor is on its way out. And is drawing to much amprage through the resirtors.

#5 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys. chaosR the motor going & doing damage to the resistor is a good tip. I should be in the clear though just replaced the old junk blower motor a few months back, that could explain why the resistor went bad as you mentioned. I just gave the AC a charge with the UV dye so I can take it to shop next few days so they can find my leak and get my AC back up so I figured good time to get my lower blower speeds back as well just in case so they don't tack that on my AC repair bill as well , lol .. Thanks Again Guys

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.