Glad to be here

Forum rules
Please do not post support requests in the new members lounge! This forum is for new member introductions and assistance only. Please post other topics in their appropriate areas so they stay categorized.

Glad to be here

Postby Undeadwelder [OP] » March 16th 2017, 2:04am

I just stumbled accost this site. Look like a lot if fun. Im the owner of a 95 astro. I bought it from another van dweller. Everything was stock, 4.3 engine. I replaced the water pump, put an electric fan in it, and a cone air filter. I also installed louvers on the hood. Ill show how i did it later. Im looking to lift it 4-5 inches maybe more. And i want to do a sas swap. Ive seen a few of us here has already done it. But i dont really know where to buy everything. Im a welder so i can make everything for the leaf springs, but im not sure about the high steer kit or anything like that.
Attachments
IMG_2907.JPG
Original Poster [OP]
Undeadwelder
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Topics: 1
Alias (AKA): Undead
Year: 1995
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: 4.3 awd

Re: Glad to be here

Postby AstroWill » March 16th 2017, 2:10am

Welcome to the site, can't wait to see some of your welding.
AstroWill
Team Leader
Team Leader
Firing on 5 Cylinders (L6)
Firing on 5 Cylinders (L6)
Years of Membership: AstroWill has been a member for 8 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 8 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 8 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 8 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 8 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 8 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 8 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 8 full years
Topics: 67
Extra Info: 90TigerGTv8 03AWD

Postby markmitch » March 16th 2017, 2:47am

the louvers may cause problems, due to water leaking onto the alternator and such I had installed the hood inserts from an older datsun 280z and within a month I had to replace my ps pump and an alternator from water leaking in when it rained. Maybe put a sheet of sheet metal on the underside so the rain has a direct path to an area with nothing that water would hurt. like in between the radiator and the engine? I have a hood scoop on my Astro and I still need to figure out that situation since my van is not on the road yet.
markmitch
AstroSafari Pioneer
AstroSafari Pioneer
Firing on 3 Cylinders (L4)
Firing on 3 Cylinders (L4)
Years of Membership: markmitch has been a member for 9 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 9 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 9 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 9 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 9 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 9 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 9 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 9 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 9 full years
Topics: 442
Alias (AKA): Astro gearhead
Year: 1989
Extra Info: RS 350 TBI

Postby Undeadwelder [OP] » March 16th 2017, 1:55pm

No problems with the louvers yet. Ill keep that in mind tho thanks
Original Poster [OP]
Undeadwelder
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Topics: 1
Alias (AKA): Undead
Extra Info: 4.3 awd

Postby Big_kid » March 17th 2017, 4:23am

Welcome! I went the opposite way with my air filter. I ditched the K&N wannabe (with holes) the P/O had for a stock setup.
95 Astro Conversion of unknown lineage
We have enough youth. How about a fountain of smart?
Big_kid
Team Leader
Team Leader
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L5)
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L5)
Years of Membership: Big_kid has been a member for 9 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 9 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 9 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 9 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 9 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 9 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 9 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 9 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 9 full years
Topics: 142
Extra Info: 2WD conversion