Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

new guy with a 94 astro

2K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  WoodButcher 
#1 ·
Figured ya'll would want some history and pics of my 94 astro. It was bought new in 94 by my grandparents. They had narrowed it down to two different astro's and couldn't decide on which one to buy. Well they turned to me and said pick one. Back then my favorite color was red so of course I picked the one with the red interior. They bought it for vacation trips and hadn't been driving it much for the past 5 or so years and I was trying like crazy to get them to sell it to me. Well last year they gave it to me on my b-day. :rockon:
The only thing this van has ever had done to it is oil changes, tires and brakes and I'm the one who did it. It will be getting it's first tune up this weekend.
Needs a bath.

Plenty of life left in her.

See less See more
#5 ·
chevymaher said:
where were the emergency keys on yours.I found a set in a manila envelope stapled to the jacking instructions on mine.Been there all these years and nobody ever knew.
They handed them to my grandfather at the dealership. Been in is wallat up untill he gave them to me.

#6 ·
You got a nice van.I got mine from my mom.its nice when you know its history.Your dash looks like mine wish I had your miles tho.mine "says"it got 188 thou but the instument cluster was replaced when it was fairly new i got 215 thou.but still runs like a top.I really jealous yours is practically just getting broke in. :layrubber:

#11 ·
That is one incredibly sweet van - and the history makes it even sweeter ;)

I inherited an '81 Chevy Celebrity with the 2.8L V6 from my grandmother in 1999. It had 16,210 miles on it...dark green with tan interior, just like my Bravada. A trunk big enough for 3 bodies, 4 door, decent cruising mileage....and a moron totalled it a year later with 37,000 miles on it (still makes me mad - he made an illegal turn in front of me and jumped out of his truck and tried yelling at me like it was my fault). I loved that car, for its history along with its capability.

#12 ·
What a sick ride!! Oh leeann_93 I feel ya on that car, I bought a 87 chevy Nova with 87,xxx miles some idiot totaled it at 97,000 miles!!!!

#16 ·
alexalexanders said:
That is one clean 94! Welcome to the forum! Any plans for mods?
After I finish my other project.(1985 yamaha xj700n)
Need a pioneer cd player and speakers, K&n airfilter, single into dual flowmaster, 4 inch lift, biggest mud tires I can fit, and a rear locker. :layrubber:

#20 ·
I talked my stepmom into selling me her 96 with 67k on it. Now I know why she didn't want to sell it. These vans are awesome haha. Welcome to AS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.