Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

New members, please include some pictures of your van...

131K views 942 replies 377 participants last post by  WoodButcher 
#1 ·
Just as the title says. Its great that new members are signing up everyday. And it would be nice to put a van to that member name. So please, if you can, post some pics. And if you have any questions about uploading pics or such, please, ask away.

Jim

#2 ·
Harumph. If you keep naggin', I'll marry you too. Pictures of the van coming later today. In the meantime, here are some other pictures of mine you can look at:

http://www.mccormickphotography.com/

http://www.neutralhillsstills.ca/

If I had to describe my Astro in two words, it would be: Camera accessory.

One of the mods I'm planning involves putting a tripod mount on my front bumper and building a Canon EOS remote release into my dash for rolling highway shots. Seriously. Another will be a sunroof I can open and pop out of with my camera to take photos from a higher vantage point.

Sean M.

#3 ·
I made this post a sticky in the New Members Lounge because I strongly agree that a photo should be provided when you join up. It helps us put a name to a face van. :p

#6 ·
Greetings Everyone,

New guy here from California (please don't hold that against me).

I kind of inherited my father's 2003 Safari after he passed last July. He was an independent mechanic for +40 years before he sold his business and went to teach at the local Vocational school.

The van has ~115k. No real issues. The van died on dad the very last time he drove it. He didn't get a chance to troubleshoot it before he got sick. I found the distributor rotor had burned through causing a no-spark condition. It was kind of a sad time for me because it just didn't feel right working on the van with him in the house in bed.

I doubt that I'll ever sell the van. Lots of sentimental value, especially for my Mom. She doesn't drive and they both went everywhere together in it.

He told me not to be a mechanic, so I became a mechanical engineer. I think I would have been happier being a mechanic. ;)

No pics yet. I do have one of the SPID though.

#8 ·
Welcome Paulo,
I'm very sorry to hear about your dad. Keeping, maintaining & using Dads astro is a great tribute to a 40+ year mechanic and something I'm sure he would want and be proud of.

Good luck with it and lets see some pics,

Munz

#13 ·
Asto355 or any1 else hope your out there somewere I read what you said about putting a pic with the user name and man that would be nice I love seeing the vans others have and I am proud of my baby shes a 94 astro with new paint(silver) and 57 chevy swoops down the sides extra parts from practically every automaker known to man and full custom interior including hardwood floors I put n about 4 months ago and damnit I wnt to show it so others can tell me what they think n maybe get some new suggestions to make her better. Ive been taken pics on my cell phone and texting them to my email were they then go to a download file can i sumhow get them from that file to a new gallery so others can see her? if so how Im not the most computer literate but im tryin like hell :feedback: :feedback:

#15 ·
Or you can just create a gallery on here. There is a link towards the top of the page that says "gallery" right next to a picture of a camera. Click that link and you can create your own gallery where you can upload your pictures too.

#26 ·
It belonged to a friend of mine, a retired gentleman who kept it garaged and (obviously) rarely drove it. My planned mods are adding a compass/temp display somehow and leather-wrapping the steering wheel. I'm spoiled by those things in my other cars and they should be fairly simple mods.