Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

New Member, Northern Virginia

1K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Astroboy303 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,
My name is Jeff, and while I've never "owned" and Astro, I've had 4 of them as company vehicles, starting in 1985 (except for a couple of years when I was forced to drive a Dodge Caravan). The last two, a 1999 and my current 2004 are AWD. I've never owned one because, well, I didn't want to drive the same vehicle in my off hours as i drive at work (although my personal vehicle is a Chevy G20). But, with all the snow we've had here in Virginia the past week, I have decided to sell my G20 and look for a 1998-2003 Astro AWD (Just absolutely, positively NOT A WHITE one!!!) Over the years I have logged close to a half million miles in Astros, my current one has 160,000.+ miles on it. All except the first one have been bullet proof, never failing to start. Anyway, some very nice looking Astros here on this site, and I'm looking forward to driving one that doesn't have equipment racks in the back!

:chevy:

#2 ·
Welcome to A/S.

When I got mine the two criteria were, other then an all around good vehicle. not white and must have A/C. I went to a lot that only sells used commercial vehicles and told them I wanted a supervisors Astro. They knew exactly what I meant and pointed me to two of them.

#4 ·
We bought ours because the bf used to drive 'em for work and absolutely loved them. Several of his coworkers have come to pick him up on days they were traveling together and they all have asked if they could buy it from us. Everyone who's ever driven one likes them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.