Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Possible to run 33" tires in front with..

4K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  FireVan 
#1 ·
Is it Possible to run 33" tires in front with 2" of lift from coils, stock spindles, and 5" body lift?
If not, what do I need to do?

#2 ·
I have the 2" body spacers, and cranked up torsion bars on an AWD and I had to cut and bend the wheel wells a lot to make my 31s fit, however I have seen a 4" body lift clear slightly bigger than a 31.. it was a metric size i do not recall, but it fit.. I think 33s will be tough to fit without rubbing, even with trimming..

Do you have the body cladding? From the pic it does not look like you do, and if not, you have more room than I do since i do have it.

#4 ·
This is a picture of my '96 with 8" lift and if I wanted to use anything larger than the 245/75R16 tires seen here it would involve cutting and hammering.

#7 ·
That is a 2wd spindle lift kit I designed for Overland Vans a few years ago. In front it uses a 2" subframe spacer + 3" lift coils + 3" lift spindles. In back it uses 2" shackles + 4" HD springs + 2" pinion correcting axle blocks. I ran 245/75R16 all terrains and it seemed like the perfect size tire for it. It has the 3.73:1 gears. Even though it was 2wd it did great in the dunes. Handeled well on the road too. I used it for my emergency response van for a couple years. Drove it like a sports car through the corners. :swerve:

Always a head turner especially when I'd wheelie hop the front end about 2' off the ground. It was one of my all time favorite vans. It is actually for sale right now out in Denver because I am building a lifted AWD to use as my response van in the fire service. Still it is sad to see it go. :crying:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.