Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

3" Body Lift

6K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  unrreal 
#1 ·
Just wondering how many are using 3" body lifts? I just put a 2" one on my '98 (red) Astro and I think I might change it to a 3" one. I have a total right now of 7.5" in the back and could go another inch on the front spring hangers. In front I only have a little over 5" of lift with the 2" subframe drop and 3" torsion lift. Another inch up front would level things out more.

Anyway, The 2" is a breeze but I haven't done a 3" in so long I can't remember any of the potential issues. Any tips would be helpful. :shrug: I do have the bumper brackets that allow for a 1-3" body lift so that base is covered. Any tips would be helpful. Thanks.

BTW- The red van is looking so much better with some lift and the cladding removed. I'll try to get some pictures on here soon.

#2 ·
Here is a dark shot of the red van. I did a 3" body lift in front + 3" torsion lift. In back I used 2" shackles + 4" springs + adjustable front hanger. Wheels are 15x8 Bajas (4" BS) with 31x10.50 Mickey MTX tires. Used a 5" longer rear brake line and longer travel front and rear shocks.

Overall it sits 8" taller than stock in the rear and 7.5" taller in the front. I have 20.5" under the front bumper instead of 13". I have 19.75" under the hitch instead of 10.75. It also has 5" more GC under the rear crossmember and the midpoint on the rockers is 7.75" taller than stock.

#3 ·
Now that looks great FV. It has a nice stance to it and that red really brings out the highlights in it. That white one looks great as well. Thanks for sharing those pictures FV, I really like to see what people do when they modify their vans.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.