Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

v8 in Safari awd

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  thyubernoob 
#1 ·
HI all, just joined, very nice site and good info...I'm about to pick up my first van, 1995 Safari awd, was wondering if anyone here has one?,can all the stock parts handle a built 350? I think it would be wild smoking all four tires.....lol thank you, sorry so many questions.

#3 ·
Hi everyone,
I have a set of Stealth Conversions (jagsthatrun.com) engine mounts and the oil pan extension pieces for doing the 350 conversion on an Astro/Safari AWD. If anyone is interested in taking them off my hands, send me an email at pmarcks@hotmail.com. They were $175 when I got them and would let them go for less than that; shoot me a price. I just got such a good deal on a rebuilt 4.3, I couldn't pass it up! Thanks

#5 ·
Thanks LS1awd, I just got into a head on collision with my 93 Mustang GT convertible, And being 40 yrs old decided to not buy another kids car, :lol!: got a great deal on the awd Safari, I'm really interested in the v8 swap.would you mind if I talk with you more in the future about doing the swap, etc.? :layrubber: Thanks, Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.