Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

I think I'd win

929 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Leeann_93 
#1 ·
how many engines have you put in your van? I win I have pulled and installed at least 4 not including the stock V6. LOL I have been picked on about this by a few of you all so I figure I own the rights to make a joke of it. Mark

#3 ·
In the front or the back :p

We slid one from the bed of a Sierra into the cargo area of the '93, where it still sits. Never did finish that swap...might get to it after the '99 to '00 monster swap if Randy doesn't come up here and pick it up (hint, hint...wink wink).

#4 ·
2002 with 205000 on it...

# 1- to 89K - coolant in crank - cooked
#2 89 to 190K - oil filter fell off - cooked
#3 109k to 195k - excessive metal - re-maned engine with poor parts
#4 195k to present

#4 went into the van twice. (wrong flex plate)

So that's 5 pulls (hoisted out-in) on 4 engines.

My brother-in-law just bought a '96. Expect him to see him here soon,,,, :wave: :rockon: :banana:

#5 ·
Its ok I have done so many I can sleep through the next one lol, Actually my plan is to buy another 88 to 94 astro/safari swap the engine and trans into my 89 get it smogged and then yank it out again to drop in a 350 TBI then I am enjoying it!

#6 ·
Leeann_93 said:

We slid one from the bed of a Sierra into the cargo area of the '93, where it still sits. Never did finish that swap...might get to it after the '99 to '00 monster swap if Randy doesn't come up here and pick it up (hint, hint...wink wink).
[nudge, nudge...]

#7 ·
RECox286 said:
Leeann_93 said:

[nudge, nudge...]
So drag your butt down here, winch it onto a trailer and pull it up to your garage!

I have other projects. Lots of other projects.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.