Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

2000 astro -doesn't like to start

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  sixsix 
#1 ·
this problem originally came when the van sat for 4 days, and it was cold (10*) it wouldn't start. so we pulled it into our warehouse and by the end of the day it would start.

seemed like it wouldn't start come monday mornings when it was super cold, so i started using the block heater and starting it on the weekends

now it was 30* this weekend, not very cold. i forgot to start it over the weekend and plug in the block heater and i cant get the thing running.

whats wrong with this thing? it will crank and crank, but no start. sometimes it sounds like it wants to start, but not this time. just cranks.

i hear the fuel pump prime (which is 10k old)....fuel pressure regulator? no spark?

any help appreciated

#6 ·
have u had ur recall done with new injector spyder my just went out on my 96 and it was the fuel pressure regulator this unit is covered under a recall. gm has a high fail rate with these things. they upgraded from popet valve type to electrical type and the fuel pressure regulator is up graded also this is one complete unit so if ur pressure regulator is bad then u need the complete spyder. my did not want to start when cold and it was the pressure regulator. i installed the new spyder injector set and runs like a raped ape! :party:

#9 ·
I have a 99 astro that does this sometimes.When your van doesn't want to start observe your dash lights and see if your security light is on and flashing.If it is,you have to turn your key to the on position and leave it in that position until the security light stops flashing.once it stops flashing attempt to crank it.it should start! Also,a bad ignition coil will sometimes create a no start problem,mostly in a wet condition but sometimes in cold weather too!!! Good luck!

#12 ·
Then again.

JUST for a second... I picture the guy in his garage - suddenly spitting out cobwebs and scorpion dust. Somehow , thru the years, count'em, 6, 7 ... I lost track. He's waking up and realizes, someone, can it be, has solved his problem and he can, somewhere, fulfill his density and move on to the next topic.

He opens the door and sees...

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.