Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

EGR CODE 2001 Astro

1K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  AstroWill 
#1 ·
I had to change the alternator,sooo,I cut a solid gasket to block off the EGR exhaust flow.
I used aluminum flashing.
I put the blank between the existing gasket,and the EGR valve.
I used spray gasket,so it might be sticking.
I am getting a not enough flow code. :confused:
The valve "stem" does not stick out past the surface of the EGR housing face.
Do these valves measure pressure/vacuum?
Or is it perhaps stuck?
Oh,it worked fine until I messed with it!!!

??

#2 ·
ANTIQUECASTLE said:
I cut a solid gasket to block off the EGR exhaust flow.
Ummm maybe this is just me, but this seems like a no brainer. Your getting a low flow code because you blocked off the flow yo. No Flow=Less Flow

Without a code deleter or tuner of some sort, that code will never go away. With that being said I would have totally done this already if it were not for this code and my inability to turn it off.

#4 ·
OK,,,,
this site,,, http://easyautodiagnostics.com/gm/4.3L- ... ve-tests-1
GOOD site,told me that around 40/50mph,the computer tells the EGR to open fully.
If it does not see a drop in vacuum,it throws a code.
I am tired of the shake, rattle, and stall on some start ups, so I will deal with it.
I read somewhere that you can tell the ECM to delete the EGR.
Of course you need the $2k code reader to do that.

#5 ·
ANTIQUECASTLE said:
Of course you need the $2k code reader to do that.
Not quite $2k, but $300-500 if you want to do it and many other things yourself. I'm sure you can find a shop that will do it for $50-100 if that is all you want.

#8 ·
TurnNburn said:
The Tech 2 is capable of turning it off forever?
Not that I know of, it can only be used as a passthrough programmer, now if there is another piece of software that I don't know about that will allow that, that would be awesome.

Though now with Tech2win, and ~$100 adapters coming out, it would be nice to see something use those adapters to flash the computers with a custom tune.

#10 ·
TurnNburn said:
ANTIQUECASTLE said:
I cut a solid gasket to block off the EGR exhaust flow.
Ummm maybe this is just me, but this seems like a no brainer. Your getting a low flow code because you blocked off the flow yo. No Flow=Less Flow

Without a code deleter or tuner of some sort, that code will never go away. With that being said I would have totally done this already if it were not for this code and my inability to turn it off.
If there is enough interest in this we can work something out.

#11 ·
Im totally interested in deleting my egr. What are you suggesting Will?

Mine is not setting any codes or acting weird, but I don't want my engine recycling exhaust if it doesn't have to. And since I don't have emission testing hear in Oregon, there is no reason why not, except that the CEL being on would drive me bonkers.

For those who aren't fancy fabbers this plate costs $19 and free shipping.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/1513453602 ... noapp=true

#14 ·
TurnNburn said:
Count me in!
PM me with your email and I will get a hold of you, you can let me know exactly what you want done.

We can make a trade or something, I am looking for a 411pcm with a v8 wiring harness :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.