Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

1994 Safari running issue

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  _brad_ 
#1 ·
1994 Safari TBI Z

Started a few days ago leaving from work. Major hesitation like its starving for fuel; after a few miles it clears up a little. Beings I bought the van from the original owner, he told me fuel pump and fuel filter had never been changed. So I knew it needed to be replaced and figured it was on its way out.

Sooo, threw in a new pump and filter; same issue major hesitation.
Tested TPS and it checked out good.
IAC checked out fine.
Cap, rotor, pickup coil under distro, coil, plugs, wires, PVC valve, air filter all brand new. Distributor gear has no play.

Checked fuel injectors and both are spraying a nice cone.

Again after a while of running symptoms fade away slightly.

No codes.

Interesting note, when I reset the computer by pulling both ECM fuse A and B and try to start the van it hardly starts and I have to pump the gas to get it going. Soo, I'm thinking the computer is trying to compensate for something.

If I pull MAP sensor or EGR sensor plug, I get a check engine light like I should. I have not cleaned the EGR since the symptoms I have are through all RPM for the most part.

Also have not checked fuel pressure since I don't have the T fitting and fuel pump is brand new..

Thoughts?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.