Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

NEW in the neighbor hood (TBI issue) any ideas?

664 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  slammin89safari 
#1 ·
so here i have a 89 safari 4.3 sweet ride!! other than i cant get it to run correctly..
originaly had a bit of a misfire.. which was from the stuck intake valve on NO. 5...
got that fixed ...then it ran realy rich..
so i hooked it up on the scanner.. it was rich because the CTS was bad..
then was verry picky where it wanted to run in the throttle.. so i ran it again.. GRRR.. TPS WAS BAD...
then still had a crappy o2 reading.. turns out the t-stat was bad too..and timing was way too far adv.
now with all these new parts. i have a nice clean cone shaped inj. spray..
consistant.. and appears to be responsive to the throttle when applyed anyhow. now i have also redone the exhaust...
cat was junk...
but now it idles a bit rough... and wants to die when warmed up as well when it is put in gear..
i dont know where to go from here...
im putting a video up on youtube here soon..
this thing is pretty cool though 67k on it original..
sweet iron slate int.
im going to lower it about 4-6"s on older billet 17in boyds period correct system..
sony cassete deck w/ remote and 10disc control. dennon changer old kicker 6"
in the doors for mids infinity dash and rear pillars 2 pioneer impp 12's and 2 kicker 12's
old school fosgate 150watt x2 for the subs and a toshiba 4ch for fills
its going to be freekin awesome..but i dont want to progress with any of that if i cant get it to run..
it sucks.. i can build anything metal wood or fiberglass..but when it comes to this inj. stuff im as bit lost..
once i know what im looking for i can fix it but..... theres our problem i dont know enough about these yet...
anyhow thanks guys

-Rich
ispyder9 at yahoo dot com

See less See more
#3 ·
jeff's87astro said:
check egr valve it could be sticking
EGR is cool... i checked it moves ez...
i did more tuning lastnight..
reset timing and such.. now i can get it rollin a bit..
but i have to feather the throttle.. if i hold it steady in gear it just dies out..
but its good in Neutral or park... just runs a little rough..
if i floor it.. then it just slowly dies as if it isnt getting enough fuel.. but if i ease out of the pedal it gets a quick burst of energy then dies out again..eesh :banghead:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.