Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

1995 Astro Conversion to Marine Intake HELP.

869 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  OTaku1802 
#1 ·
So, i have a 1995 Astro Van with 180k miles on it and i am playing around with the idea of doing some serious work to it. Here is what i could like to: 1. Conversion to Marine intake on rebuilt engine, 2. Roller Cam advertised comp cam in and out time 280 for both and .500 lift, Lifters, Rocker arms ratio 1.6, Lower Engine rebuild that will handle 1 bar increase in pressure(14.7psi) from force induction , Rebuild transmission, transfer case, and front differential to handle new hp, change rear end to a ford 9 built with the same 3.73 gearing that is currently in the vehicle, electric cooling fans on radiator, and preferably keep a/c condenser on the motor not necessary though. Here is the problem i am running into since my Van is a 1995 i have the CPI under the plenum so i need some information on either addon computer to handle the EFI, or a completely custom computer to work with odb1 and 2 sensors. I will link later most of the engine stuff i am looking at so i can get some feedback on whether it is good/bad or if something better is out there. And i am not really interested in doing a v8 conversion because i have done engine swaps before and i would just perfer not to do it in this case, however present your case and i may not be able to argue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.