rough idle p0200/p0303 codes

Re: rough idle p0200/p0303 codes

Postby rev_les » July 22nd 2010, 2:47am

LEVE wrote:Aw... come on now... The guy may have had a bad day... and feeling quite abandoned. :violin:

Let's not dog-pile on him, we've all been there a time or two. :naughty:

Yes, but having a bad day's no excuse for being rude to other people....I vaguely recall some old tidbit about not biting the hand that feeds..... pissing people off that you're asking for help isn't a really bright idea :lol:
Figure out the problem before buying parts
NRA Lifetime Member
2'nd amendment supporter
'13 Jeep Patriot
'01 Safari 150K 4.3 "W" 3.42's
'87 Monte Carlo SS
'79 Avco 32' RV
rev_les
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Firing on 2 Cylinders (L3)
Firing on 2 Cylinders (L3)
Years of Membership: rev_les has been a member for 5 full yearsrev_les has been a member for 5 full yearsrev_les has been a member for 5 full yearsrev_les has been a member for 5 full yearsrev_les has been a member for 5 full years
Topics: 38
Alias (AKA): Les
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: LS 4.3 RWD

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author

Postby Duster776 » July 22nd 2010, 3:37am

Life is too short to get mad and stay mad...any update on this thread?
Dan K
If you had a problem, and someone offered a solution please post the results, otherwise no one can learn from your problem.
Need a data stream scan and are in the SE WI or NE IL area...PM me.
1992 GMC Safari XT AWD 4.3L 270K on the odometer
Duster776
250k+ Miles
250k+ Miles
Fueling (3/4 tank)
Fueling (3/4 tank)
Years of Membership: Duster776 has been a member for 4 full yearsDuster776 has been a member for 4 full yearsDuster776 has been a member for 4 full yearsDuster776 has been a member for 4 full years
Topics: 2
Van Make/Model: GMC Safari
Extra Info: 4.3L AWD

Postby RECox286 » August 1st 2010, 12:03am

"Gentlemen":

Please put the flame throwers away, and let's hear about the good news that the trouble is fixed and what you found and what you did that fixed it. I know I'm interested, and would like to know. If you have a bad taste in your mouth, please don't take it out on the rest of us. But, if that ain't gonna happen, then I will just have to feel cheated somehow. And, yes, double posting is confusing, so please don't go away, just follow protocol.

Thank You, and Keep Truck'n

Bob
Start a fire for a man and he will be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm the rest of his life.

Sent using two Progresso soup cans and a string
RECox286
U.S. Armed Forces
U.S. Armed Forces
Orange Status (L5)
Orange Status (L5)
Years of Membership: RECox286 has been a member for 4 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 4 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 4 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 4 full years
Topics: 31
Alias (AKA): Uncle Bob
Year: 1993
Extra Info: RWD V6 [325K mi]

Postby Astroplane » August 2nd 2010, 9:51am

After reading all of series2a posts', I have no reason to believe that there was any premeditated intentional disrespect intended as his posting history shows otherwise. series2a, apologize to chevy57bert and let's move on.

RECox286 wrote:"Gentlemen":

Please put the flame throwers away

This site is a dynamic result of those that have chosen to donate their time, money, and experience to create a forum like no other. Make no mistake, it will be defended.
The price of paying attention is cheap considering the alternative.
Astroplane
Blue Status (L2)
Blue Status (L2)
Years of Membership: Astroplane has been a member for 4 full yearsAstroplane has been a member for 4 full yearsAstroplane has been a member for 4 full yearsAstroplane has been a member for 4 full years
Topics: 4
Extra Info: LT RWD

Postby vanbydefault » December 30th 2010, 11:28pm

Ive been having the same problem with mine. New to the site but just started working on the van. Went to auto parts place after replacing wires and plugs. still was messed up and went uphill got worse. Guy at autoparts place said these vans had problems with the injection spider. Said for a while the government had to step in and force gm to replace part under a lower warranty of about 60000 miles. going to change the spider within the next couple of weeks. bought the part but its been pouring in california. gonna wait til it clears up

i understand people can be idiots on forums but one person shouldnt affect the masses. had that been the case we would be in a communist country.
vanbydefault
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Years of Membership: vanbydefault has been a member for 3 full yearsvanbydefault has been a member for 3 full yearsvanbydefault has been a member for 3 full years

Postby bigblue » January 5th 2011, 4:04pm

Hi All!
I've always been a fan of the Astros, and love my 2003 LS. I've been chasing a "phantom" problem off and on for a few weeks and found your site from Google results. I am now a new member. I'm getting the same codes, PO200, and PO302 as discussed in this thread. It runs like crap and blows a gassy fog out of the pipe for about a day and then clears up for about a week. Right now it runs perfect, but I know it's not fixed. Shops can't find it, I've done a cap, rotor, plugs and wires. I threw in a can of Sea Foam last night, we'll see if that does anything. I see where user series2a seems to have fixed his problem, but obviously had a disagreement with the others on the site. If you're still out there, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE tell me what it was, or if anyone else can help too I would be eternally thankful. It's a perfect van, my wife and family love it, and it's almost paid for. I really don't want to trade it off, I can't see myself in a Dodge or Kia. Thanks, Warren.
bigblue
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Years of Membership: bigblue has been a member for 3 full yearsbigblue has been a member for 3 full yearsbigblue has been a member for 3 full years
Topics: 2
Extra Info: LS RWD

Postby finnyfinn » February 9th 2011, 6:21am

Hello series2a,

I realize this post is old and you may not still use this forum, but I had the same problem. I just got a tune-up and replaced the spark plugs, rotor and cap and the valves are open so its not sticking. The wiring was arched so those were also replaced by the mechanic. The radiator was leaking so that was replaced. So, I've spent $700 so far and I'm just.... depressed. I drove the van up a hill tonight as a test drive and the check engine light came on. I will bring back to the mechanic tomorrow because they said they will be able to narrow it down further. My code was P0303 but they said it was random? I noticed the it was quieter and driving a lot looser and w/more power after the tune-up but, it did start shaking before the check engine light came on again going up hill. So, I'm wondering what solved the problem for you. A year ago, they told me i needed a new compressor but, I've just been driving the van w/out the air on because I didn't have the $ at the time.

series2a wrote:Really? Not only no reply, but the second post gets removed and I get a curt email from the moderator not to post about this again? Really? I wouldn't have posted it again if I'd gotten any useful replies. Oh, and thanks for the link to the OBD website. I'd went through that site BEFORE I'd posted here. If you'd have read the post at all, you would've noticed I KNEW what the freaking codes were, just if they had relevance being together. I'm trying to get needed information from other posters, isn't that what this site is for? Or is this a site for people who need a life that happen to have the misfortune of having one of these poorly constructed pieces of crap? Gosh, I'm sure sorry to waste your bandwidth lol, do you pay per byte? In any event, it's obvious that A: No one has any useful ideas and B: The moderator has nothing better to do.

OH, By the way, I DID solve the issue, but since I'm treated like a pain in the a$$, I'm not about to tell you how I did it. Go back to telling people where the oil cap is Bert...
finnyfinn
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Years of Membership: finnyfinn has been a member for 3 full yearsfinnyfinn has been a member for 3 full yearsfinnyfinn has been a member for 3 full years
Alias (AKA): finnyfinn
Extra Info: 4.3L V6 Cargo

Postby Leeann_93 » February 9th 2011, 1:58pm

P0303 isn't random; it's misfire on cyl 3. P0300 is random.
'02 Astro LS AWD vin X
'00 Astro LS AWD vin W - WIP
'99 Safari XLE AWD vin W - broke
'93 AWD EXT vin W - real broke
Image Image
Leeann_93
250k+ Miles
250k+ Miles
Firing on 3 Cylinders (L7)
Firing on 3 Cylinders (L7)
Years of Membership: Leeann_93 has been a member for 5 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 5 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 5 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 5 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 5 full years
Topics: 21
Year: 2002
Extra Info: LS 4.3L AWD

Postby finnyfinn » February 10th 2011, 7:38am

After going back to the mechanic, he says the code is random but in his scanner he can see that fuel injector 3 is misfiring at 63 mph when I was going up a hill and fuel injector 2 is misfiring every 3rd because of injector 3.

I am considering purchasing the mfi conversion and having them installl it but, I was wondering how many people have had success with the Delphi unit. My van is still riding rough and shaking on the freeway but fine on surface streets and is generally running better after the tune-up. I'm just worried I'm damaging my engine by driving with busted fuel injectors or some other problem. They suggested to wait till the problem got worse or until I could afford a fuel injector replacement because just doing a compression test would require a lot of labor costs.
finnyfinn
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Years of Membership: finnyfinn has been a member for 3 full yearsfinnyfinn has been a member for 3 full yearsfinnyfinn has been a member for 3 full years
Alias (AKA): finnyfinn
Extra Info: 4.3L V6 Cargo

Postby Phantom » February 10th 2011, 3:18pm

Delphi is a good quality unit , it is GM OEM product and has been for many many years .

P0300 is the code for random misfire , .....
P0301 ,302 303, etc , indicate the number of cylinder that is misfiring

here is a explanation of the P0200 code and possible solutions

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0200
Phantom
Firing on 7 Cylinders (L4)
Firing on 7 Cylinders (L4)
Years of Membership: Phantom has been a member for 4 full yearsPhantom has been a member for 4 full yearsPhantom has been a member for 4 full yearsPhantom has been a member for 4 full years
Topics: 15