Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

o2 sensors

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Duster776 
#1 ·
I might have posted this in the wrong section.. please move if it is. I have a 94 chevy astro vin z, i plan on replacing the o2 sensor soon. I have checked my local oriellys and the only o2 sensors they carry are bosch and borg warner(BWD), i saw another member (leann maybe?) said they had big problems with bosch, so should i go with a borg warner or where should i get one? Also how many 02 sensors do i have? :ty:

#2 ·
If you search on here for Bosch, you'll find the post about the O2 sensors (no, it wasn't me). I did have a problem with a Standard O2 sensor.

I'd suggest ordering an AC Delco or Delphi from RockAuto.com. You'll have it in a couple days, it'll cost you a little less and you'll have OEM. Oh, you have 1 sensor, by the way. It's in the exhaust pipe, passenger side, up in front of the catalytic converter and after the 2 manifold pipes come together into one. It can be hard to see and get to, so put the van up on ramps or securely on jackstands.

#4 ·
I agree with Leeann, get Delco or Delphi, I have had (and heard of) problems with new aftermarket sensors...the voltages do not change fast enough for the ECM's liking and thus creates performance issues due to slower A/F ratio metering.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.