Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

brakes and pedal

929 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  chevymaher 
#1 ·
hello people; The 94 Astro just turned 245thou,2 new tires and a front end alignment. It's running well with a few issues. The most recent was yesterday while stopping I felt the pedal drop a bit and after a bit more the brake light came on. It will still stop but I parked it till I can deal with it. It was raining and getting dark. I crawled under a while expecting to find a line broke but everything was wet from the rain so I couldn't tell. But if a line was split the fluid would show even in the rain. The fluid shows like oil and water.
If the master cylinder was going or gone do you think these symptoms show that? About how much for a master cylinder on a 2WD 94 Astro.
thanks for any help.
IBBY

#3 ·
hello; I got the van to the shop. The latest is brake lines and bleaders for now. When I got the new tires I had another shop ck. the brakes and he couldn't get the drums off.He didn't want to brake them getting them off so left them. That was how I left it yesterday. Todays another day and we'll see what that brings.
IBBY

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.