electronic brake controle module motor relay circuit?co265??

electronic brake controle module motor relay circuit?co265??

Postby bkzxclusive [OP] » November 3rd 2008, 6:55am

I've been having ABS prob. with my astro ever since i got it, bout 5months now, changed a couple of stuff, tires, rotors, drums, pads and shoes hoping it will fix it but unfortunately it didnt. The prob is while im braking slowly once i hit the 5mph range ABS kicks in and wont let me stop, the ABS and BRAKE lights randomly light up, so once it lite up, i took it to a shop to get the codes out, it came out to be Code 265, Electronic Brake Control Module Motor Relay Circuit. What and Where is this?? and Where can i get it??? HELP!!!!!! This prob has almost got me into several accidents!!!
2000 ASTRO AWD
Original Poster [OP]
bkzxclusive
Firing on 1 Cylinder (L1)
Years of Membership: bkzxclusive has been a member for 5 full yearsbkzxclusive has been a member for 5 full yearsbkzxclusive has been a member for 5 full yearsbkzxclusive has been a member for 5 full yearsbkzxclusive has been a member for 5 full years
Topics: 27

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author

Re: electronic brake controle module motor relay circuit?co265??

Postby spongebob218 » November 5th 2008, 2:49am

It sounds like you have two seperate issues. Your low speed activation is most likely the result of rust under the front wheel speed sensors. It causes them to lift slightly and increases the airgap between the sensor and the reluctor wheel in the hub. The sensors need removed and the mounting surface needs cleaned. This is an extremely common problem on all late model GM trucks.

The C0265 is an internal failure in the EBCM/Pump motor assembly. If this is a hard failure(light is always on, code sets every ignition), the first thing to check is if you have power at the EBCM/motor assembly. Check the fuses first, if they are good, check for power at the connectors for the EBCM/motor. Check the connectors for corrosion. If all that checks good, the cheapest solution would be an EBCM/motor assembly from a salvage yard. It will need to be setup by the dealer however.

If the the code is intermittent, there are a few specific checks that should be done, but...it basically comes out the same.

Hope this helps.
You ain't nothin' unless you have green plugs.
spongebob218
Years of Membership: spongebob218 has been a member for 5 full yearsspongebob218 has been a member for 5 full yearsspongebob218 has been a member for 5 full yearsspongebob218 has been a member for 5 full yearsspongebob218 has been a member for 5 full years
Topics: 2

Postby bkzxclusive [OP] » November 7th 2008, 6:53am

wow, sounds great, ill give all these things a try!! is there a way that i can get a pic of the sensors and ebcm so that i could know exactly what im looking for? I dont have much time to wrk on my truck do to my work schedule, so i need to get things done quik! srry for the late response!
2000 ASTRO AWD
Original Poster [OP]
bkzxclusive
Years of Membership: bkzxclusive has been a member for 5 full yearsbkzxclusive has been a member for 5 full yearsbkzxclusive has been a member for 5 full yearsbkzxclusive has been a member for 5 full yearsbkzxclusive has been a member for 5 full years
Topics: 27

Postby AstroAustin » November 7th 2008, 7:13am

>> Moved from New Member Lounge to Brakes forum. Please don't post the same question twice in two different forums.
-AstroAustin
support@astrosafari.com
Full FBSS Air Suspension :: Triangulated 4-Link :: Engine Driven Compressor :: 4 Air Tanks :: 1/2" SMC Valves :: Phantom Billet Grill
AstroAustin
Technical Director
Technical Director
Blue Status (L2)
Blue Status (L2)
Years of Membership: AstroAustin has been a member for 6 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 6 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 6 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 6 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 6 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 6 full years
Topics: 120
Year: 1988
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: 4.3L V6 FBSS AirRide

Postby Nutsy » September 14th 2009, 10:39pm

spongebob218 wrote:It sounds like you have two seperate issues. Your low speed activation is most likely the result of rust under the front wheel speed sensors. It causes them to lift slightly and increases the airgap between the sensor and the reluctor wheel in the hub. The sensors need removed and the mounting surface needs cleaned. This is an extremely common problem on all late model GM trucks.

The C0265 is an internal failure in the EBCM/Pump motor assembly. If this is a hard failure(light is always on, code sets every ignition), the first thing to check is if you have power at the EBCM/motor assembly. Check the fuses first, if they are good, check for power at the connectors for the EBCM/motor. Check the connectors for corrosion. If all that checks good, the cheapest solution would be an EBCM/motor assembly from a salvage yard. It will need to be setup by the dealer however.

If the the code is intermittent, there are a few specific checks that should be done, but...it basically comes out the same.

Hope this helps.

I am getting this code intermittently. What are the checks?

Thanks.
Nutsy
Fueling (1/4 tank)
Fueling (1/4 tank)
Years of Membership: Nutsy has been a member for 5 full yearsNutsy has been a member for 5 full yearsNutsy has been a member for 5 full yearsNutsy has been a member for 5 full yearsNutsy has been a member for 5 full years
Topics: 7
Van Make/Model: GMC Safari
Extra Info: SLT