Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Brake issue today...Hard Stomp - then poor pedal

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  astro355 
#1 ·
OK, Had to stomp on the brakes pretty hard today because of an idiot driver in front of me. (Long story) In any case, afterwords, the brake light came on and the brake pedal has a poor feel. The van stops, but the pedal travels about half way now before it begins braking. I checked the fluid and it looks ok - any ideas? Thanks Dan

#2 ·
you could check the hoses for the brakes at the front calipers to see if there is a bulge in them or some cracks. or you may have popped the resivoir cap off a little or it could be your master cylinder. i would check the first 2 things before the master.

#4 ·
Rusted line broke - near gas tank! Ugh... Just had the tank out last weekend for a pump replacement! Does anybody make a replacement line? What is the best suggestion for replacing? I can double flare up further where there is no rust and make a union - is this acceptable? Can I run the line a little lower on the frame? Thanks Dan

#5 ·
dacosta said:
Rusted line broke - near gas tank! Ugh... Just had the tank out last weekend for a pump replacement! Does anybody make a replacement line? What is the best suggestion for replacing? I can double flare up further where there is no rust and make a union - is this acceptable? Can I run the line a little lower on the frame? Thanks Dan
You can run the line really anywhere you like. Ironically, GM ran the line above the tank to help protect it. Best case scenario would be to replace the whole line. You can get replacement stock from autozone, O'reilly's, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.