Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

need help from someone that has changed abs wheel sensors

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  redfury 
#1 ·
When I bought my wheel sensors, I had the choice of left, right, or the pair of them. I bought the pair. They arrived early, but it turns out that they are identical. It makes sense to me that they should be mirror images of each other. I can't find a picture of them installed.

Are these suppose to be the same or should they mirror each other?

#4 ·
Thanks, that's reassuring.

I found these pictures on eBay. They show different sensors, but other vendors are selling all "left" sensors as lefts and rights. Hopefully they are interchangeable (mine were shipped in from Hong Kong). The pictures with the plates show an extra hole, so maybe that is a screw hole to make them interchangeable.

Attachments

#5 ·
Usually with things like that, it's just the length of the wire that's the issue. the sensors themselves act exactly the same way, tires turning clockwise or counter-clockwise.

Now, the big thing is, make sure you've cleaned the surfaces really well, and then it's a matter of that air gap being set right. Hopefully they'll come with some shims if you need them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.