Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

2005 Astro- Brake/Parking & ABS Light on at once, at times

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  PanoramicPEI 
#1 ·
Every once in a while the ABS, Parking Brake & Brake warning lights will all come on at once.
The brakes feel fine while driving with the warning lights on.
Yet it still freaks me out when those brake warning lights come on, always thinking I have no brakes at all.
If I pump the brakes 3 or 4 times with the Ignition off, restart, all is back to normal.
Any ideas?

#5 ·
I like all three of the above ^^^.

No matter what it is, I'd be sure and get the basics covered. Fluid, boost, bleed, fuses etc.

And don't overlook the "combination of things" that AstroWill suggests. Just because we're not looking for ONE zebra doesn't mean we shouldn't be not looking for a HERD of zebras.

Lump

#7 ·
It seems as the rear container was a little low on brake fluid & part of the rubber diaphragm had slipped into the container.
Topped up again & extra careful placing back the rubber diaphragm although it won't surprise me if it slips again.
It doesn't sit completely over the container lip.
Everything back to normal for now, excellent brakes, no brake lights on.

#9 ·
Lumpy said:
Hooray! It was horses. Just a single horse!

Those rubber things don't fit well.

Lump
Swell, that is good to know, no point in finding another one, perhaps taping it it to the container with some duct tape may work if it slips again.
Figured since brake fluid dries pretty sticky, it shouldn't move if placed properly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.