1st Annual Burning Van Eastern Washington

Re: 1st Annual Burning Van Eastern Washington

Postby LAZ 1 » April 5th 2017, 12:19am

After Wintering in sunny Mexico for the last six months, I will be driving NORTH from Ajijic, Jalisco, Mexico, in my 99 AWD Converted Micro Motorhome.

Stopping first at the Overland Expo West event in Flagstaff, May 12-14.

Hopefully I will make it to Washington in time to attend your Burning van event.
1st Annual Burning Van!!!
Rimrock Meadows located in Eastern Washington about 16 miles North of Ephrata WA
When:
Memorial day weekend from Thursday 5/24 to Tuesday 5/30.

My DIY built AWD Tiger Clone has held up remarkably well during the six months it has been bouncing around on the tight, narrow Cobblestone streets. The Bilstein shocks have definitely been worth the cost, as were the all new HD brakes, and many other mechanical and chassis upgrades I did before leaving. And, that massive HD bumper/push bar, gets a lot of respect, creating very polite Mexican drivers, who quickly yield the right of way to me. But, did I mention TIGHT/NARROW streets? The poor van body compartment has made intimate aquaintance with several other parked Mexican vehicles, buildings, balconies, trees, and even a few concrete telephone poles. Good thing I built it TOUGH, with 1 1/2" aluminm corner mouldings. I did more damage to my opponents, than they did to me.

However, after six months in Ajijic, I have decided the next build will be a simpler raised roof van, not quite as wide. Because my original plan for "THE BLACK BOX" was to live in it full time, in remote areas like the sea of Cortes side of the BAJA, I over built this unit for long term rough terrain. It is larger, and wider, and more than I really need if I live in a rental Mexican casita. So next trip down for the Winter, I plan to take a smaller rig.

Which means, "The Black box" will be up for sale as soon as I get back to Canada.

C U there
LAZ 1
(;-{0
Attachments
Hornby Island Canada day.jpg
LAZ 1
Fueling (7/8 tank)
Fueling (7/8 tank)
Years of Membership: LAZ 1 has been a member for 2 full yearsLAZ 1 has been a member for 2 full years
Topics: 15
Year: 1999
Van Make/Model: GMC Safari
Extra Info: AWD

Re: 1st Annual Burning Van Eastern Washington

Postby ghettoBAGO » April 14th 2017, 4:13pm

Pretty sure I'll be rolling out to this at least for a bit :)
ghettoBAGO
Fueling (5/8 tank)
Fueling (5/8 tank)
Years of Membership: ghettoBAGO has been a member for 7 full yearsghettoBAGO has been a member for 7 full yearsghettoBAGO has been a member for 7 full yearsghettoBAGO has been a member for 7 full yearsghettoBAGO has been a member for 7 full yearsghettoBAGO has been a member for 7 full yearsghettoBAGO has been a member for 7 full years
Topics: 18
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: Awd

Previous