Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Current Affairs

4K views 52 replies 12 participants last post by  sixsix 
#1 ·
Never Mind

Seems we have a much Better Prepared and Dangerous Enemy to Worry about.

Mike - Out

#4 ·
Astrofarian said:
Uh....ok Mike; what we be talkin' bout ZACTLY here?
-M!ke-
Radical Islamic Terrorism.

Astrox2 said:
This about the stuff in France?
Yes, it is about "The Stuff".

Mike, Who took a few Very Deep Breaths ( Breathes ? , idunno and I'm too Pissed Off at them to look it up ) and a 5 minute walk Before answering.

#9 ·
Interesting... and VERY "Telling" to say the least.

I have been compiling a list over the last few days:
"Famous Last Words - Sorta' Recent Edition"

- Watch this, here, hold my beer . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Uttered by too many to count
- It's okay! Gun's not loaded… see? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Johnny Ace - 1954
- Watch out for the Crazy Drunk Neighbor's Fireworks . . . . . . Jennifer Webb - before she left for Fla. - July 1st.
She is our niece - she cuts our Lawn for xtra cash - you may have seen her in a posted photo while I worked to R & R our Van's Wipers.
( there is an Unbelievable Story that goes with this one - almost too fantastic to be true and way too long to "Go Into" now, except 2 or 3 words - Fireworks & Dim-Wits ).

Best for Last - And MY PERSONAL FAVORITE:

- I'm not going to worry about that shit until "They" are in my / our Neighborhood . . . . . .

Said by: My Wife, some French guys, Boomer Esiason, Hillary Clinton ( OK, I'm kidding on that one ) and Many, Many now silenced American Citizens.

Let's have Fun - AND - Keep our Eyes Open. And put that Cig., Phone and Sandwich down - Pay attention.
And while you're watching Rachel ( or the Hunky Dude ) on "Price is Right" - do like I do... say:

TAKE THAT, ISIS.

Mike

#10 ·
I can only Hope they take this Latest Cop Shooter in Baton Rouge Alive.

Got to Hear and Talk to him / her.

Coincidentally , Cincinnati is hosting The Vile NAACP Convention / Started Yesterday.
Would Love to be a "Fly on the Wall".

Our President has hosted Terrorist Group(s) in the WH Recently.
And - Cleveland's PD Union is considering outlawing Open Carry during the Convention.
Governor Kasich says NO. I'm sure the Terrorists would heed the directive... right?
Ohio, Ky. and Ind. have differing "Open and CC" Laws.

This is not over - By no means - our "Real Enemies" are just sitting back waiting ...

Mike

ps: and if you think I am being an "Alarmist" - you need to .... well.

#13 ·
To quote from the memorably forgettable fil, Johnny Dangerously, " This is Farggin' WAR, you ISE HOLES!"

Listen to Stevie Ray and Jimmy Vaughn play "Tick Tock". It won't solve anything but at least you won't wanna shoot the TV like Elvis.......
-M!ke-

#14 ·
If we had politicians who served the citizens, instead of the inverse, we could be more like Israel.
They squash the head of the snake every chance they get. We kiss the butts of the terrorists hoping to
make them feel like playing nice. Israel has agents in every country on the planet poisoning, bombing, stabbing and strangling the heads of terrorist cells because if they didn't Israel would be long gone by now.
We, as a nation and a people need to wake the f++++k up before it's too late! We will be extinct soon if we don't get our heads out of the i-phones and facebook and start realizing how much doo-doo we are in and how bad we need to change our way of doing business with the world.

#15 ·
WELL !!!
That is quite the Diverse set of Responses - It's what makes this the Greatest Country in the World.

And while I may not agree w/all of Israel's "business" - I wish WE had that "Kick-*** Today - We'll Explain n' Worry about it Tomorrow" attitude.

WOW !!
How about the "Police State" Cleveland has become? Absolutely distressing that STILL we see 5-10 Cops in a nice small grouping. Seems they would have been a tad more judicious. Remember Military Training? I do... Marine, Bien Hoa, Jet Engine Mech., Plane Captain, M14 & M16 Expert, Colt 1911 Sharps..

It only takes 20-25 secs to empty a few mags while still maintaining acquisition. The "Cowardly Decorated Marine" that wasted those 3 Police Officers wasn't worth a shit !! Please don't misunderstand, but ... I better stop there ...

Several deep breaths and a short walk later. Did they OUTLAW Heavy Industrial Trucks in the RNC/Cleveland area also?

More Armed Police and Plainclothes Guards than Protesters. Quite the spectacle to see ladies/guys/civy's walking around with ARs, Shotguns and M&P gear. Ladies bristling with Pistols, showing off their CC Purses. Unreal.

I cannot imagine if ANYONE actually tried ANYTHING. All I can think of is - Fireworks".

:2: :2: :2: :2: :2: OK, my dime.

Mike

ps: and yes, I DO realize this Forum is not a traditional Political, Current Affairs or 'whatever" type of site, but there are guys here I consider my friends - just seems to come naturally. I never wish to offend, but... sometimes I do.
let me say in advance: I am gravely sorry.

#16 ·
No Mike, no apologies accepted. Your opinions and thoughts are welcomed at least by me.
The only apology I can see or live with is the one offered to our kids and their kids for creating the sh*thole we did...

Better yet, let's fix what we can and go from there.

#17 ·
Thanks Bruce, I always thought of you as a Level-Headed and ultimately Fair member here.

And I am glad to claim you as a "Smarty Pants"...

LOL - lots of "Watter's World" Cricket noises...

Mike - who Recognizes the Friend from Conn. ( spoken in true RNC tones... )

#19 ·
LOL, me too when I thnk of it. That avatar I'll credit my kids with. I don't recall what year but back in '00 or thereabouts my kids were playing a game on the PC and laughing their butts off,
they said this guy looked just like me after a round with the ex.

The woman made no sense in a normal conversation and an argument with her was worse.
Obviously I didn't marry that woman for her mind,,,
I was listening to the wrong head, :rofl:

#20 ·
sixsix said:
showing off their CC Purses.
What's a purse? Says she with her P226 .40 in the holster on her left hip....only to be worn inside her house because she lives in a gun-hating state and couldn't possibly get a permit to carry outside her house - and open carry doesn't exist (to be honest, this state doesn't even have the Castle Doctrine).

#25 ·
Aye, aye, Cap'n. - Seriously - I don't know what got into me.

Of course... I coulda' dressed it up like a pig, but it woulda' said the same thing.
"A Monkey in a damn silk suit is still a Monkey.

Mike - who does not suffer Ignorance or Stupidity well. Nor do I take kindly to veiled threats. And at this point in my Life, I don't give an "Goldarn Excrement".

#26 ·
Yeah.. I registered for that "home protection" permit for Maryland. I like how they say, "Not Denied" rather than "Approved" when you get your permit.. as if they are admitting that they don't want you to have it. The class that was well worth it but you almost have to get killed before they'll accept your justification for CC permit.

I thought about starting a side business in private investigation or something that deals with cash and then apply for a CC stating that my line of work requires it.