Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

LS1PWRD for sale

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Black89cs 
#1 ·
Well, I bit the bullet and bought a new SUV. I figure I'm getting to old for 'hot rodding' so the 1994 Astro AWD is for sale. It has given me many years of reliable service since I installed the LS1 and it still runs strong. For the installation data go to http://www.aei.ca/nmaclennan . Since the engine installation it has had a late model front end installed and the transmission was beefed up last summer. It passed the e-test here last week and I am sure there won't be a problem passing a safety. The van can be seen and test driven. I am located in Ottawa, Ontario. I also have the vehicle listed locally. No reasonable offer refused. Comes with many spare parts, summer/winter tires mounted, spare transfer case (if you want it), spare rotors and drums, spare fuel pumps (I always figured I would need one and haven't as yet), new window motors (haven't needed them, either) hell, there's a whole pile of stuff. I can't remember it all. The van has about 80K on the motor, doesn't use oil and has had synthetic oil every 3K since it was installed. Digital dash so it can be used anywhere (miles or kilometers). It is the LT version with the trailer towing package (posi and 3.73 gears). If it is kept at 80MPH or less it gets better than 21MPG. It tows the car hauler like a dream. If you want to see pictures of what it looks like with the new front end on it just send me your email address and I'll get them off to you. Any questions, just ask.

#2 ·
Sorry to see you are selling the van LS1. I do understand how life changes things though.

That was an outstanding write up with the link you post LS1, great references their for sure. I wish you the best in your endeavors. Great looking van I must say, shouldn't have any problems selling it.:)

#4 ·
AWESOME write up on your swap...what a chore... Id say that its because of the hard work and pics of your swap (and others...) that made mine and others soooo much easier. I feel your pain of parting with a rod project you put so many hrs into...GOOD LUCK selling your awesome van :coolphotos: :goodpost:

#6 ·
Hi, I know it would be along shot to get you to read and answer this reply but I need your help I am trying to do the ls1 or the lm7 swap in my 1997 awd astro I couldn't get anyone who could help my friends say I should not even try to do the swap as I will have all kind of trouble mainly with the oil pan as it will never fit the awd setup, now I think I am lucky to find you, I would really appreciate any info from your side.
Thank you

#7 ·
Patrol2620 said:
Hi, I know it would be along shot to get you to read and answer this reply but I need your help I am trying to do the ls1 or the lm7 swap in my 1997 awd astro I couldn't get anyone who could help my friends say I should not even try to do the swap as I will have all kind of trouble mainly with the oil pan as it will never fit the awd setup, now I think I am lucky to find you, I would really appreciate any info from your side.
Thank you
Patrol,
First and Foremost...
Welcome Aboard.
Secondly, It would prolly be a good idea to start a thread. Introduce yourself, and ask for help in the Engine Section.
Just a thought, Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.