Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

For Sale 1989 Astro Shortie w/ 350 SBC TBI

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Glasspacker 
#1 ·
Shortie, half-panel (rear windows are panelled in) van is in rough shape!!! Runs, but needs exhaust manifolds, or drill and replace broken studs, brake work, rust repair (rockers are in horrible shape!)
Has a 1970 350 SBC with later heads and stock 4.3 V6 throttle body. Runs strong as is, but would rebuild to make serious power. Has a newer 700R4 that shifts, but TV cable needs adjusting.

Was going to build into a drag van, but need to get rid of some of my projects... great started project as floors and frame are in great shape, but I don't have the time or money. $600 firm.

Also selling drivetrain from 1993 Chevy Astro with 172k on the odometer. Includes 4.3 throttle body and 4L60E (only about 100 k). This is my current daily driver, but I'm parking it soon to get my new car on the road. 4.3 has a factory cam with a custom grind, a modified throttle body. Runs strong, and is rather fast for a V6. Burns 1 quart of oil every 5000 miles and needs new rear driver side plug every 5000 miles (or replace valve guide seals before installing) Trans does not leak. Has brand new (less than 2000 miles) on powersteering pump. Asking $400 obo, can hear it run and drive it. WILL NOT SELL ENTIRE VAN!!! Backhalving it for a Ladder bar suspension and a 393 stroker LT1. Thanks.

If interested, email me at (dyingpoets@hotmail.com) or call me at (810) 705-3225 and ask for Dane

Will post pics later...

See less See more
#3 ·
now has a white hood with a visor... the gold hood was damaged and wouldnt close properly.

the trans...

and the drive train out of this one...

The transmission is in, but the vehicle needs a little work and adjustment to get it going perfectly. Just got the speedo to work again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.