Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

anyone ever heard of this tranie rebuild company?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  AstroWill 
#1 ·
#3 ·
My conclusion is, talking to shops around town, none of them think it's possible to stay in business with that kind of price, which makes me suspicious. There's no google reviews on them as well. They're throwing in a $120-$150 torque convertor too? I wish I could trust this, but gonna go with a junk yard tranie swap. I figured, if I get one under 40k miles, it's at the point of not yet needing maintenance at under 40k miles on, so should be good and it should last longer than a rebuild. I also am not risking a faulty or sloppy rebuild, so I think I'm making the right decision here. I can get a junk yard, audited tranie for about $460-$500 with 24k miles thru LKQ. Google LKQ, they're nation wide.

#4 ·
I don't see any mention of shipping cost on the site. If they charge $500 to ship then they are on par with other suppliers.

I got mine from monstertransmissions. They supposedly test drive the units before they ship. Never had any issues with mine. Granted they are twice as much as this place you're askin about.

#5 ·
There are some complaints out there, I count about 50 or so, search for them by their phone numbers 810-247-8639 and 989-891-9212 . Looks like they change names and domains. I'm sure that it 'can' be done that cheap, but I doubt that there is going to be any resemblance of quality from them.
Even though BBB is a joke, https://www.bbb.org/detroit/business-re ... complaints

Wholesale Transmission Distributors
Transmission Part Distribution Inc
Got All Auto Parts
Usednginesforsale.net
transfercasesforsale.com
RebuiltTransmissionSupply.com

Their shipping rate chart says $150 for shipping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.