Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Trans mounts: Quality manufacturer?

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  markmitch 
#1 ·
#2 ·
There are Poly inserts that you can use with your old M/M clamshells.

When I did my M/M and T/M, I got COO=India from Napa.

I have no idea if you can do better than that, as I have heard that

even Stealerships are selling the COO= China M/M. Take a stroll

down "Search' [Lane] for Motor Mounts for more excellent reading.

Uncle Bob

#3 ·
I just went through this very same issue (with engine mounts)... wondering where I could get quality American built motor mounts.

At first it didn't occur to me. I had purchased cheap mounts from Summit made by "Anchor"... they were only $4.95/ea. After looking at them, they looked rough and cheap. No doubt they were cheap... but after doing some research and reading customer reviews, I found there to be a huge amount of people complaining about them being junk with their premature failures.

I considered NAPA or other stores, only to learn that many of their products are just re-banded cheap products too. It's hard to track exactly who makes what for who.. since they keep switching sources.

I finally elected to go with factory OEM mounts from the dealer. The mounts cost me $53/ea... quite a bit more than my cheap $5 mounts. The price of the part pales in comparison to the work involved in changing them when they fail. Ironically, they say "Made In China" right on the ACDelco tag.

It is my hope that despite coming from China, that at least the ACDelco (China) part is at least made to better standards, as "hopefully" spec'd by the dealer.

IMG_0070-MotorMounts.jpg

IMG_0069-China.jpg

#5 ·
So what, if any are the differences in AWD and RWD motor mounts?

GM shows two different part numbers for left/right AWD motor mounts and being no longer available. RWD different than AWD part number but same part number for both sides and still available.

I went with Energy Suspension 3.1145 urethane motor mounts (made in USA) as I don't want to be replacing again any time soon and I just couldn't trust a $5 aftermarket mount to last. I'll also be installing an Energy Suspension 3.1129 transmission mount (AWD) soon.

Since I replaced one side at a time, I didn't compare the stock mounts before installing the urethane mounts.

Stock rubber motor mounts passenger / driver side. Driver mount cracked all the way through and beat up so she be flexin'! :D

Passenger side mount

Energy Suspension mount in original bracket

Ready to install

#6 ·
My '93 I'm using the energy suspension in a new "Anchor" mount shells. Some years back I bought them for my '97 and didn't need them and now that I'm doing the swap in the '93 I couldn't bring myself to put that junk in. I looked at the metal and it was similar to what I took out so I drilled out the new rubber and put in the poly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.