bellhousing, clutch plate ect for t5

bellhousing, clutch plate ect for t5

Postby grupe [OP] » February 29th 2012, 7:07am

I am looking for a bellhousing, clutch assembly, slave cylinder and etc to connect a t5 to a 4.3. From what I have read, the ones from cameros wont work as they angle the shifter to the left. I have been searching craigslist and ebay for about 6 months and am either searching for the wrong thing or the parts don't exist. Any help here would be appreciated.

-Graham
Original Poster [OP]
grupe
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Years of Membership: grupe has been a member for 7 full yearsgrupe has been a member for 7 full yearsgrupe has been a member for 7 full yearsgrupe has been a member for 7 full yearsgrupe has been a member for 7 full yearsgrupe has been a member for 7 full yearsgrupe has been a member for 7 full years
Topics: 3
Alias (AKA): grupe
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: 4.3 2wd

Re: bellhousing, clutch plate ect for t5

Postby Casey » April 3rd 2012, 4:10am

Look at Rock Auto- I bought a new slave cylinder there, and they still carry it and the hydro line for it, too. I think I bought a new clutch master cylinder off eBay, but Rock Auto lists those, too.

I suggest you do what I did, and scour car-part.com until you find a COMPLETE setup- BH, trans, shifter, shifter support, shift boot, etc. The bellhousing shield for the T5 is long NS1 and much in demand, so if you can get one with your BH, pay a little extra for it.
Casey
Firing on 1 Cylinder (L1)
Firing on 1 Cylinder (L1)
Years of Membership: Casey has been a member for 8 full yearsCasey has been a member for 8 full yearsCasey has been a member for 8 full yearsCasey has been a member for 8 full yearsCasey has been a member for 8 full yearsCasey has been a member for 8 full yearsCasey has been a member for 8 full yearsCasey has been a member for 8 full years
Topics: 24
Year: 1995
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: 4.3L LT 5-speed

Postby 4wd86s10 » November 27th 2012, 5:59pm

Are you still looking for a bell housing. Chances are you'll need one with a hydraulic clutch rather than one that actuates the pressure plate/throw out bearing via mechanical linkage. GM made such a thing. I have one of these. It will bolt up to a small block Chevy or a 4.3 motor on the big end. One the back end or smaller end of the bell housing it currently has a SM 465 granny tranny four speed with power take off on either side of the gear box. Its a 2wd variety of the SM 465 instead of the 4WD variation. The clutch is simple. You need the flywheel (and I have an extra one); 11" pressure plate from a SBC or V-6; and an 11 pressure plate with the same number of splines as the transmission input shaft. plus a new throwout bearing and pilot bearing. I have an extra clutch set up for 11" truck clutch and even have the clutch slave cylinder altho it may or may not need rebuilding. I can take pictures of mine if you'd like. There is a bell housing like mine for sale on ebay but its $245. and I rarely see many of them http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... ink:top:en

You can email me if interested at: pony03e@yahoo.com
4wd86s10
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Years of Membership: 4wd86s10 has been a member for 7 full years4wd86s10 has been a member for 7 full years4wd86s10 has been a member for 7 full years4wd86s10 has been a member for 7 full years4wd86s10 has been a member for 7 full years4wd86s10 has been a member for 7 full years4wd86s10 has been a member for 7 full years
Topics: 1
Alias (AKA): piggy

Postby Britta » March 20th 2015, 12:15pm

Does anyone have or know of where i can get an OEM clutch pedal, I have a Low 11 second BB 427 87 cargo with a powerglide, and have thought about putting a Tremec TKO 600 in it. I can fab a nice one using a partial brake pedal so they match but OEM would be much easier. I do have a picture of an OEM but thats all i can find.
NAT
Britta
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Years of Membership: Britta has been a member for 2 full yearsBritta has been a member for 2 full years
Alias (AKA): AKA
Year: 1998
Van Make/Model: GMC Safari