Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

need ideas for van

4K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  jeff's93astro 
#1 ·
If any of yall dont mind i need some ideas for my van i dont care what you change i just dont want to raise it nor lower it

van.jpg

See less See more
#5 ·
the wheels where that crappy gray color but the black looks muchs better. (ihatemybike) i already have 255/70R15 and v8 aint to bad of an idea but the motor i put in it has less than 20,000miles and all the sensors replaced so i've got some money tied up in that motor

#6 ·
While you look at this photo you imagine the the low rumble of V8. VrumMumMumMumMumMumMum.
You really didn't give me much as far as "direction" so this is how it turned out.

Attachments

#8 ·
Personally , i'd put a newer style front end on then black out the front grill , i would get rid of the white paint ,i'd remove all the rear windows and replace with sheetmetal then i would probally paint it dark metalic grey or blue and put running boards and a air dam ,

#9 ·
What it your budget?

I think the van looks good as is actually. Love white with white letter tires.
Debadge it maybe?

Exhaust?
New stereo and speakers?
Tune up? Plugs, wires, cap, oil, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, coil
Headers?
Dash cover?
Different steering wheel?

#10 ·
I personally like a white vehicle especially with black accents.......I say keep it white. I like the roll pan in the rear & the red line around the wheels in Austin's pic. :cool: You already have exhaust on it right?

#11 ·
i like what you did AA (mr.bowtie) yea it has exhaust no cat 2.5 pipe with single in dual out flowmaster 40 series with 3" tips i'm gonna leave interior stock which everything inside is good except for headliner in fell down as for a system it has a nice pioneer head unit new 6x9's in dash new 6.5 in back doors, new 4" and 1" tweeters in rear pillars with 2 12" in a bandbass box powered by 400watt audiobahn amp and as for a v8 that sounds good but i've got a lot of money tied up in that motor. but i have been looking around for another astro for the 400sb i got sitting in the basement waiting to be built the newer front clip does look better but it has the plastic headlights that fog and they cost more to replace if broken and the grill has been blacked out

#14 ·
AA that looks good to hard to decide which paint job i like better the only thing is the green and silver looks dark green and light green (ghostrider1061) the 255/70/r15 fit without raising it and the steering is straight and doesn't pull

#18 ·
Green and silver?
lol - I love what you did with Jeff's Astro the first time. The White is a nice, flexible pallette to work from. The details that you put on his are striking.

I was just joking around. I'm thinking about going 2-tone when I paint my van which is green. So hot in the S.E. that I was wanting to go with metalic silver or white on the upper half and stay factory green on the bottom. Would be nice to find an interesting way to split the colors. Other than the obvious molding lines on the van.

BTW, Jeff, where ARE you from? See you on the map in Tenn and on your signature in GA. Maybe like me, split between Myrtle Beach and Savannah. At any rate- love the van- looks nice!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.