Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Strange Electronic Lock Problem

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Astrofarian 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I know there are several topics floating around here regarding the electronic locks on Astros. I read through a few of them and most of them don't seem to quite fit the problem I am having.

Back story: My parents were nice enough to practically give my wife and I their 2005 Chevy Astro as they want to get something newer with better gas milage for their road trips. Its in pretty decent shape over all. Has about 160k on it oh and has the Dutch Rear Doors. Anyway when I got it I was aware that the actuators on the driver and passenger side doors had stopped working. but the one on the rear sliding door works. The switches on both the passenger and driver side were working how ever as well as the rear dutch door push button lock.

This afternoon, I decided to clean it out fully. Pulled the rear seats, vacummed, wiped things down, etc. After putting everythign back in, I noticed the Driver side door lock switch was no longer working. Tried the passenger switch, that one also stopped working. Tried the dutch door push button also dead, wont unlock or lock either. When I put the van in drive, i hear the rear sliding door lock, it also unlocks when the van is placed in park so I know the system is somewhat still working. I checked the wires plugged into the BCM and everything seems ok there. Also looked at the relay for the rear dutch doors, that looked ok. I am stumped as to what could be causing the problem. And advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

edit: This van is not equipped with keyless entry.

See less See more
#3 ·
On my 04 driver side door harness where it bends on opening & closing the door I have a short. Have u check your harness yet? I did have to replace All my actuators rear door was a pain three bad new motors finally after four days ap got it right. Harness another time cause it works most of the time. Sliding door just needed contacts slightly sanded on door jam.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.