What have you done with your other vehicles today.

Forum rules
This is NOT the place to post topics that could be better classified in another category. Please make every attempt to post in an appropriate category before posting here.

Please help us keep topics organized by making an effort to find an appropriate category before posting here. More often than not the posts in this forum could be moved to a better suited category.

Re: What have you done with your other vehicles today.

Postby The Drummer » June 8th 2017, 8:33pm

I have had good result with carb cleaner in the gas , but i went heavy on the dosage tho, let sit for a couple days and it unstuck .
Please send all your money to the : Ben Dover fondation for poor drummers , we will take care of it better than you would ; Image
The Drummer
Blue Status (L2)
Blue Status (L2)
Years of Membership: The Drummer has been a member for 5 full yearsThe Drummer has been a member for 5 full yearsThe Drummer has been a member for 5 full yearsThe Drummer has been a member for 5 full yearsThe Drummer has been a member for 5 full years
Topics: 16
Year: 2000
Van Make/Model: GMC Safari
Extra Info: SLT 4.3 AWD

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author

Postby astrotardis » June 8th 2017, 8:57pm

Flush mounted the other 2 led pods 2 outer are flood beam 2 winners are spotbeam its like daylight at sorry for the dirty van
Attachments
20170608_104708.jpg
astrotardis
Firing on 1 Cylinder (L1)
Firing on 1 Cylinder (L1)
Topics: 15
Alias (AKA): Rick
Year: 2003
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: AWD

Postby Rockridge » June 12th 2017, 12:57am

Got 1abs sensor done on the truck, kind of picked away at it while doing other stuff. Only thing that slowed me down was rusted out sensor bolt but I got it with vise grips. And the lower caliper bolt slides into a rubber sleeve in the caliper which came out with the bolt. I cleaned everything with brake clean since the lube was really sticky, lubed the sleeve with some motor oil and got it back in there.

I was just finishing and my father in law came back with the kids, tells me his Forester sounds like it needs front pads. Seems I just checked them last month.
Rockridge
Firing on 2 Cylinders (L1)
Years of Membership: Rockridge has been a member for 1 full year
Topics: 23
Alias (AKA): Walker
Year: 2000
Extra Info: LS AWD

Postby Leeann_93 » June 12th 2017, 1:15am

You guys know this is the other vehicles thread, right? Not the van thread.
'02 Astro LS AWD vin X
'00 Astro LS AWD vin W - WIP
'99 Safari XLE AWD vin W - broke
'93 AWD EXT vin W - real broke
Image Image
Leeann_93
Team Leader
Team Leader
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Years of Membership: Leeann_93 has been a member for 8 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 8 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 8 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 8 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 8 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 8 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 8 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 8 full years
Topics: 27
Year: 2002
Extra Info: LS 4.3L AWD

Postby icebrrg3rd » June 12th 2017, 3:20pm

Spent the weekend getting the Maxim going. Pulled the carb rack out, partial disassembly and cleaned it out. Several jets completely plugged, cleaner usually works best if there is at least a little hole so I needed to do the disassembly and not just run cleaner thru it. I also found on the floats the valves have a spring loaded button, 3 of the 4 were stuck so that probably was the leak. Got it all back together, worked on the (non-stock) mufflers, the mounting location was too small and wouldn't clamp properly, so I welded some exhaust pipe sections to make it thicker.

I then went to test drive it down the alley, came back and saw I left a trail of gas. D'oh! :doh: Forgot to check the oil, not only did the gas leak externally but also internally. My 2 1/2 quarts of oil was now 5 quarts of gas/oil mix. Double D'oh! :doh: :doh: It was leaking out the rear driveshaft seal. Drained it and put in 2 1/2 quarts fresh oil, no more leaks. Now I have a supply of 2-stroke gas for the weed whacker...

Just need to do the plugs now, they're probably fouled up, but it's moving and (mostly) not leaking. Some more cleaner thru the tank and hopefully it is now my reliable daily driver. I'll need to get a rear tire soon, this one is getting worn.

I'll have to take a pic of it in its current condition. Different pipes, more rust patina, paint coming off in places. But it's mine.

-Andrew
81 Yamaha Maxim 650XJ 650cc 67k mi
83 Yamaha Venture 1300cc 92k mi
91 Chevy Astro 5.0L 5-speed, Ford 9" 250k mi
02 Chrysler Sebring Conv. 2.7L 5-speed 189k mi
10 Chrysler Town & Country 3.8L 134k mi

To her it's all dollars and no sense--Wimpazz
icebrrg3rd
V8 Swap Achievement
V8 Swap Achievement
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L2)
Years of Membership: icebrrg3rd has been a member for 7 full yearsicebrrg3rd has been a member for 7 full yearsicebrrg3rd has been a member for 7 full yearsicebrrg3rd has been a member for 7 full yearsicebrrg3rd has been a member for 7 full yearsicebrrg3rd has been a member for 7 full yearsicebrrg3rd has been a member for 7 full years
Topics: 43
Alias (AKA): Andrew
Year: 1991
Extra Info: V-8 5-sp RWD Shorty

Postby Leeann_93 » June 12th 2017, 3:29pm

Whoops!

Yeah, my husband had to clean 3 of the 4 jets. It was one of those spring-loaded things that was on the bottom of the carb bowl.

Um, yeah - youwere mixing two-stroke gas on purpose. Yeah, that's it...

He has to pull and look at his plugs, too.
'02 Astro LS AWD vin X
Image Image
Leeann_93
Team Leader
Team Leader
Years of Membership: Leeann_93 has been a member for 8 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 8 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 8 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 8 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 8 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 8 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 8 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 8 full years

Postby icebrrg3rd » June 12th 2017, 6:59pm

I made sure to label the containers so the gas/oil mix can be added to the lawn mower gas and other small motor devices, no sense wasting the contaminated gas.

Stepped out at lunch into the heat (90°+) to take a pic of the bike as it sits now:

YamahaMaxim.jpg

-Andrew
81 Yamaha Maxim 650XJ 650cc 67k mi
83 Yamaha Venture 1300cc 92k mi
91 Chevy Astro 5.0L 5-speed, Ford 9" 250k mi
02 Chrysler Sebring Conv. 2.7L 5-speed 189k mi
10 Chrysler Town & Country 3.8L 134k mi

To her it's all dollars and no sense--Wimpazz
icebrrg3rd
V8 Swap Achievement
V8 Swap Achievement
Years of Membership: icebrrg3rd has been a member for 7 full yearsicebrrg3rd has been a member for 7 full yearsicebrrg3rd has been a member for 7 full yearsicebrrg3rd has been a member for 7 full yearsicebrrg3rd has been a member for 7 full yearsicebrrg3rd has been a member for 7 full yearsicebrrg3rd has been a member for 7 full years
Topics: 43
Alias (AKA): Andrew
Year: 1991
Extra Info: V-8 5-sp RWD Shorty

Postby Toskavat » June 13th 2017, 10:17pm

Worked on the replacement vehicle for the wife, an 03 venture. Did an oil/filter change and the rear shocks. Have new front strut assemblies that should be here Fri.. and will change them and do a transmission fluid filter change then.
Toskavat
Fueling (1/4 tank)
Fueling (1/4 tank)
Years of Membership: Toskavat has been a member for 2 full yearsToskavat has been a member for 2 full years
Topics: 2
Alias (AKA): ASTRORC
Year: 1999
Extra Info: 4.3 V6 2WD

Postby sixsix » June 14th 2017, 11:09pm

Toskavat wrote:Worked on the replacement vehicle for the wife, an 03 venture. Did an oil/filter change and the rear shocks. Have new front strut assemblies that should be here Fri.. and will change them and do a transmission fluid filter change then.

Way to GO !! ... ASTRORC ... !!!

Mike

ps: feeling much better now.
The Van's Build: viewtopic.php?f=127&t=59385

"Though the hippopotamus has no sting, the wise man would prefer to be sat upon by the bee."
- Banacek

sixsix
Years of Membership: sixsix has been a member for 3 full yearssixsix has been a member for 3 full yearssixsix has been a member for 3 full years
Topics: 21
Alias (AKA): Mike
Year: 1992
Extra Info: LT W-CPI Motor 200K

Postby five10freak » June 19th 2017, 5:33am

A very very near and dear friend of mine is now a quadriplegic after an accident a few years ago, so I always help him out anyway that I can. He has an 2012 VPG MV1 and i'm always doing something to it to customize it. It now has an aftermarket stereo that bumps hard, all LED interior lights, LED exterior lights, air horns,aftermarket wheels,etc,etc,etc.

yesterdays mod was adding roof lights, two up front and two out back in red. when I get a chance next I will get better pictures.

five10freak
U.S. Armed Forces
U.S. Armed Forces
Years of Membership: five10freak has been a member for 4 full yearsfive10freak has been a member for 4 full yearsfive10freak has been a member for 4 full yearsfive10freak has been a member for 4 full years
Topics: 20
Alias (AKA): five10freak
Extra Info: LS 4.3L V6 RWD

Postby sixsix » June 19th 2017, 7:39pm

Nice work five.

Mike

ps: at least somebody's doin' something around here ...
The Van's Build: viewtopic.php?f=127&t=59385

"Though the hippopotamus has no sting, the wise man would prefer to be sat upon by the bee."
- Banacek

sixsix
Years of Membership: sixsix has been a member for 3 full yearssixsix has been a member for 3 full yearssixsix has been a member for 3 full years
Topics: 21
Alias (AKA): Mike
Year: 1992
Extra Info: LT W-CPI Motor 200K

Postby five10freak » June 21st 2017, 10:46pm

sixsix wrote:Nice work five.

Mike

ps: at least somebody's doin' something around here ...

Thanks sixsix. This is a very long time friend of over 20 years, i'll do anything for him
five10freak
U.S. Armed Forces
U.S. Armed Forces
Years of Membership: five10freak has been a member for 4 full yearsfive10freak has been a member for 4 full yearsfive10freak has been a member for 4 full yearsfive10freak has been a member for 4 full years
Topics: 20
Alias (AKA): five10freak
Extra Info: LS 4.3L V6 RWD

Postby rev_les » June 26th 2017, 8:17pm

This seems like as good a place to post as any, lol.. So the wife has a '13 Patriot, AC compressor clutch went out at 83K, and I was looking all over to see if you can just bypass it,( the Denso compressor for these isn't cheap) to no avail even on the stupid Patriot owners forum. I refuse to sign up and get emails and crapola from them just to share info with them about an issue I know I'm not the first to run into. As it turns out, if you remove one idler pulley from the front of the engine, the 20" shorter non A/C belt pops right on and bypasses the compressor, and doesn't change the direction of rotation of anything. So there it is, I shared my info with the people I love the most. ( Yes I know I've had a lot going on and haven't logged on here in over a year) I try, really, I do.. :)
Figure out the problem before buying parts
NRA Lifetime Member
2'nd amendment supporter
'13 Jeep Patriot
'01 Safari 150K 4.3 "W" 3.42's
'87 Monte Carlo SS
'79 Avco 32' RV
rev_les
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Firing on 2 Cylinders (L3)
Firing on 2 Cylinders (L3)
Years of Membership: rev_les has been a member for 8 full yearsrev_les has been a member for 8 full yearsrev_les has been a member for 8 full yearsrev_les has been a member for 8 full yearsrev_les has been a member for 8 full yearsrev_les has been a member for 8 full yearsrev_les has been a member for 8 full yearsrev_les has been a member for 8 full years
Topics: 39
Alias (AKA): Les
Extra Info: LS 4.3 RWD

Postby nonhog » June 26th 2017, 8:26pm

Drove the Mrs. car through the neighborhood and confirmed I really need to do a cam swap and wake up that 5.0.
Attachments
PART_1498499389197.jpg
Recovering hoarder
Slow build..... viewtopic.php?f=127&t=107426
nonhog
Topics: 17
Year: 1996
Van Make/Model: GMC Safari
Extra Info: AWD

Postby Leeann_93 » June 26th 2017, 9:28pm

rev_les wrote:This seems like as good a place to post as any, lol.. So the wife has a '13 Patriot, AC compressor clutch went out at 83K, and I was looking all over to see if you can just bypass it,( the Denso compressor for these isn't cheap) to no avail even on the stupid Patriot owners forum. I refuse to sign up and get emails and crapola from them just to share info with them about an issue I know I'm not the first to run into. As it turns out, if you remove one idler pulley from the front of the engine, the 20" shorter non A/C belt pops right on and bypasses the compressor, and doesn't change the direction of rotation of anything. So there it is, I shared my info with the people I love the most. ( Yes I know I've had a lot going on and haven't logged on here in over a year) I try, really, I do.. :)

You can replace the clutch on that. I got the kit for my CILs Liberty and the toolset on eBay. I got a kit for my Liberty but haven't needed it yet.
'02 Astro LS AWD vin X
Image Image
Leeann_93
Team Leader
Team Leader

Previous