Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Got to looking at some pictures. wow

881 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  a2l1 
#1 ·
I got to looking at some pictures of my van. Noticed that over the past year my wan has done a pretty decent transformation. Maybe by the time my kid gets old enough to drive, it'll be finished. heheh

Right before wife, son, and I moved into the new place

As it was sitting a few weeks ago. Date is wrong on camera due to battery change on camera.

Well, it looked like a lot more when I looked at them separately. Now they just look, uhh!

BTW, anybody got a decent '89 dash they wanna get rid of, cheap?

See less See more
#2 ·
You know Ive been kind of wishy washy about my van. Figured that since I only spent $550 for it I dont want to put a bunch of bucks into it. Your posting just put me over the top and Ive decided that I will just keep the thing even though there are people here that have better parts vans. Im going to keep it and have something to play/tinker with so thanks.
It will never be a show van or worth any big amount of bucks but its now a keeper

#5 ·
When I bought this van, for $300, it was white. I started paint bombing it black. Then I got to rolling it last year, which actually came out pretty good for only 2 coats of paint.

a2l1: Yea, keep it, mess around with it, fix it up. I bought this one for $300 to use as a competition van for car audio. It was one of the things that got me the sponsorship with SoundStream. I tend to mees with it a little bit every day.

Today I actually sat down to make a lit of everything I need to do and buy for the van. That list grew to 3 pages within an half hour. The most important purchase for it will be the welder, then the 5.7L swap. I've got to site down and organize the priorities of everything now.

#6 ·
Well this is mine when I got it and this is it right now. To see all the crap that was pulled you would have to look at my album here on the site, way too many pics for the post

Yeh its going to be a keeper I guess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.