Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

looks like its california-my new home

3K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  sixsix 
#1 ·
Well we put in a bid on a home in California a while back and we were the second bidder on this property (a town home)
and that was about a month ago. Well last night we got a call from the realtor and the first bidder could not get the loan so we were the next in line and we are paying cash. we got a town home with 3 bedrooms and 2 baths and a two car garage for 60,000 cash. We should be moving by August. By the way its in a nice area in Stockton, Ca

#6 ·
97cargocrawler said:
$60K home? Jesus! You can't get a garden shed for that near LA. Nothing wrong with CA unless you're doing an engine swap...
Same in Vancouver add another 0 at the end and you might get something :)

#11 ·
Congratulations...... Funny, I'm heading over to Stockton tomorrow to look at a couple Astros for sale - can't find any affordable ones in my area (Sonoma County)....

Ya get used to California after a while and then it just becomes another place to live (happened to me)......

Good luck with the move.....

#13 ·
No, I haven't tried the swap process myself.... From stories I've heard, it isn't as bad as it sounds, and if ya get a guy who turned ya down, you can always just get another ref.... There are rules about engine being newer than the car and so on - not really any way around that, far as I know....

good luck

#17 ·
markmitch said:
I am presently in New Hampshire but just bought a townhouse in Stockton, we will make the move by the end of the summer.
Mark, I have friends in Modesto,San Carlos, Richmond, Novato, Petaluma, all within about 90 miles of your new home.
I only had one race engine customer in Milford, NH. so I know way more people in your new area.:)

#19 ·
Hey markmitch, we will just about be neighbors. You will be about 50-60 miles from me. Good for you! You must have scored on a deal where someone just left the home or something becasue you simply cannot even get a townhouse anywhere around here for that much money - you are very fortunate to have secured that deal. You're going to make a lot of the locals jealous if you tell them those figures - they will just look at you funny! LOL.

You are going to absolutely love our weather out here! Stockton does get a little hotter than over near the bay but there's no humidity and the winters are very mild. If you want snow, Lake Tahoe is just a couple hours east of Stockton and is a gorgeous place to weekend anytime year-round and I can recommend a GREAT place to stay if you ever go there.

Just an fyi in case they haven't told you but end of summer is our hottest time of the year. August into October can bring more than enough sun and very warm temps.

Even though you'll be on the outskirts of the Bay Area, there is SO MUCH to do around here. I'm sure you've Googled it and the more you look into it the more you will find to do. Youhave much to look forward to here.
Welcome, I hope you enjoy your upcoming trip and your new home.

#21 ·
Did the past 6 years fly by or drag on? Either way, best of luck with the next chapter!
(I saw this thread linked at the bottom of the page and had to click on it)

#24 ·
petema said:
All the leaves are Brown
And the sky is Grey
I've been for a walk
On a winter's day
I'd be safe and warm
If I was in L.A.
California dreamin'
California dreamin' ...
But Now... It REALLY is NOT the way IT WAS.

In any way, shape or form. And no... it's not sad, it's by design.

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.