Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

BUYING ANOTHER ASTRO (MARK III)

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  generaljake01 
#1 ·
THIS MAY GET MOVED BUT HERE GOES...A W E S O M E ! ! ! ! Well ive only had my 87 that i converted to v-8 for about a month or so and no am considering buying another...I bought the 87 lt for $300 and sold the engine for $50...then converted to TBI V-8...Now i may buy a 1991 ASTRO MARK III for $400...runs great and all but only bad is the steering column is all wore out and flopping all over the place...no biggie...But all the blinds and wood trim is in good shape,actually all the interior is in good shape...It is however doing the early 90's paint flaking off the top, the hood and the sides like soooo many GM trucks and vans did from the early 90's... No big deal that will give me a good reason to clean out the garage and use my new paint gun i bought about 3 months ago...and havent taken out to try yet... :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

#5 ·
Yeah im definately gonna buy it...interior is in good shape seats look good and all the wood trim is still mint, captains chairs and daybed in back are still mint too...for some reason it doesnt have running boards like all of the others i have seen on the net...probably got torn off or something...and I will absolutely post some pics...I think the wifey wants to drive it and ill keep the stro V-8 of course im thinking of buying a new 350 or get one and stroke it (383)... actually ive found a 91 caprice copper car with blown trans...whole car for $600...BUT im still debating on whether or not the 350 or 383 i build will be carb or TBI...Im leaning towards carb and standard HEI dist. Im already tired of fighting the computer for my 305 plus i dont want to spend extra $$$ on the chip burn and crud like that...Plus i have a brand new EDELBROCK 700cfm carb and TORKER II intake not even used, YET... :banana: :banana: :banana: :layrubber: :layrubber: :layrubber: :blah:

#7 ·
Looks like you have another project on the horizon. Please keep us updated on how things trun out, thanks.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.