Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Subframe Bushing

8K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  opelbits 
#1 ·
Hello. Does anybody know if it's the same subframe bushings in front and rear? :think: I know that the one in the middle is a bit bigger than the rest. In RockAuto parts catalog there is only the rear ones that are listed.

Thomas

See less See more
#2 ·
All lower bushings are the same for the front,middle, rear. It's the upper bushings that are different in each location on the sub-frame (front-middle-rear). Each sub-frame/body mount location has an upper and lower bushing to them.:)

#3 ·
FYI Dorman part # 924003 for rear subframe mount / bushing.

Any idea if they would work for the other locations?

Any other suggestions other than oveland lift bushings without lifting?

I like the look of a full wheel well! I run 215 75 15 front and 235 75 15 back on what I belive to be stock height vehicle.

#6 ·
Do a search on this parts supplier.

www.gmpartsdirect.com

I know there is three different part numbers listed there for the front and rear and not including the middle one.Look under the word cushion.I do think the center one is different.Here is one number as a lead in as to what to look for:1488127.

BTW:Stay away from the poly ones.They squeak like crazy.

#8 ·
They are different. At least for 1990-2005. Top mount for all three are different, lower rubber is the same. Bottom retainer is same for front and back, but middle has bigger bolt so different retainer.

Driver and Passenger side the same..

Frontmost mount: 15601755
Middle mount: 15595052
Rear mount: 15183802
Bottom cushion (rubber): 15595054
Retainer front/back: 15688319
Retainer middle: 15590772
Front/Back bolt: 15677731
Middle bolt: 11519584

But that dorman thing on Rockauto is not available anymore anyhow so that answers that! hehe I already tried.

I got all of them from www.shopgmparts.com.

Scott

#14 ·
Hey Guys!
I'm doing a swap job right now and wanted to know if you could help me out if possible. I was searching for these mounting parts, but can't find a place where I could order them and don't know how are they called correctly.
And is there a difference between 97 RWD and 96 AWD subframe parts?
Thanks in advance!

#15 ·
carbiids said:
Hey Guys!
I'm doing a swap job right now and wanted to know if you could help me out if possible. I was searching for these mounting parts, but can't find a place where I could order them and don't know how are they called correctly.
And is there a difference between 97 RWD and 96 AWD subframe parts?
Thanks in advance!
No difference. Subframe bushings is what they are called.

#16 ·
sfeaver said:
They are different. At least for 1990-2005. Top mount for all three are different, lower rubber is the same. Bottom retainer is same for front and back, but middle has bigger bolt so different retainer.

Driver and Passenger side the same..

Frontmost mount: 15601755
Middle mount: 15595052
Rear mount: 15183802
Bottom cushion (rubber): 15595054
Retainer front/back: 15688319
Retainer middle: 15590772
Front/Back bolt: 15677731
Middle bolt: 11519584

But that dorman thing on Rockauto is not available anymore anyhow so that answers that! hehe I already tried.

I got all of them from http://www.shopgmparts.com.

Scott
All these numbers should be good, but the earlier 86 might be a little different.
I used the http://www.gmpartsdirect.com site to get mine. Prices were a little lower.
Type in your year and model then search according to part numbers above. Once you have found the part, select view diagram. This will show you all the parts in that area with numbers and prices so you don't have to go look for everything. The site has them listed in strange places: Frontmost mount: 15601755 is actually in the cooling section as a radiator support upper insulator.

Or just click here:
http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/catalog/frameset.cfm

When I removed my originals, there are some differences between the front and rear. I'll supply pics of each soon. It was a piece of cake to install all six bushings (not really worth it to just replace some of them).

#17 ·
Some pics as I promised.
First pic is the parts I replaced, front to rear. As you can see, the front upper parts look different, more flat. The middle (missing from the pic as I reused mine) are similar to the rear, but have a bigger hole to accommodate the larger diameter bolts. So, effectively, we have three different upper mounts, flat, large hole rounded, and small hole rounded.
I included pics of the rubber cushions and the part numbers on them.
In pic 6 the metal piece is supposed to have a metal post on like in the other pics, but it's just not there.

There are also a couple of pics to show just how far gone the parts are. Some of the upper mounts are rusted away and some of the lower cup washers just aren't there anymore. These are the items that keep the subframe attached to the body. Imagine the van being lifted on a two post lift with arms and these mounts struggling to hold the van together...

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.