Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Van we are looking at today-what do you think?

3K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  markmitch 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I'm partial to the Gen 1 van. And with the added head room, can't miss.

94 was the last year before the change over. I think all of the bugs were worked out, save one, the idler arms.Haha But we all know about them.

Good luck, Keith

#4 ·
I've seen that happen in a lot of ads on CL where the picture of the interior isn't of the same vehicle... Odd....

Anyway, the van looks good...

#5 ·
I always wondered what my van would look like with a Safari front end, and now I know!
OOH- and the split back door. Would love that... always wanted a ladder and a spare on the back.

#6 ·
gavio said:
I've seen that happen in a lot of ads on CL where the picture of the interior isn't of the same vehicle... Odd....

Anyway, the van looks good...
Gen II door and a console, interesting.
Question is, what's the bride think?

I'd buy it in a minute.

#7 ·
We bought it but the console was missing , it has a bed and 4 captains chairs. its awd too.
we got it for 2400 cash. Now its tune up and check everything time. I think from driving it it may need at least 2 shocks and some brake work but nothing major.

#11 ·
we bought it to drive to Texas then Arkansas then to NH and Maine. It is very comfortable.
I realized after we bought it one of the running boards is missing lol other wise just one little ding. The muffler needs to be replaced but I have a spare fully welded thrush turbo sitting in the garage so that will work. Tomorrow I will pull the engine cover and take a good look and pull the wheels and look at the brakes. Tune up stuff already ordered from Rock Auto.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.