Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Compatible GM steering?

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  albrow100 
#1 ·
Hey guys, which GM vehicles have the same steering as us? The K1500 looks a lot like it.

What vehicles and years?

Thanks!

#4 ·
Specifically the tie-rod assembly. I want to find a steering stabilizer kit. I can make/modify brackets , but would like the stroke/length to be correct.

I know this may start a controversy here, but all my components are tight and I get a little bump steer when unloaded at higher speeds on bad roads.

Wheels are balanced and alignment is fresh. No front end play, steering wheel is tight. I will be doing all front end components this Summer only because I don't know their age and want fresh stuff. All good for now.

#5 ·
Why would there be controversy? I've had a stabilizer on for a loooooong time. Forget about comparing steering components, nothing else is the same. Look at what you have, buy a kit that matches up (i.e. has u bolts for going around the rod etc.) You're gonna have to make some sort of bracket that attaches to the frame.

Here's what mine looks like, yeah I KNOW you're asking about AWD steering.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.