Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Snowing in Seattle, WA & Portland, OR ... Yay or yuck?

2K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  WimpTech 
#1 ·
It's snowing today in Seattle, WA & Portland, OR ... and everywhere in between.
Are you ready for winter?
Is your van winterized yet?
Yay or yuck? :shrug:

#3 ·
Were you ready for that 6.8 earthquake last night or this morning in CA, too? (yikes!, saw it on the news this morning)

#4 ·
12'' in town and counting with probably 6 inches on the ground(im parked under a tree so it doesn't show as much). These tires have amazing grip in the snow and the 233 t case is working beautifully. I have been in 4 wheel drive for 4 days now. So Im ready as I will ever be.

Like whimpy said in a earlier conversation about snow, " I have an AWD astro, what could possibly go wrong".

#6 ·
your state (CA) could get the double whammy... The san andreas fault & the cascadia subduction zone. Surfs up !
:rockon:

#14 ·
I need to switch to metric or something. Its not a naughty sounding when I say its 280-482mm. 170mm has landed since it started this morning and its not even noon yet!

My van and I say bring it on!! :auto-layrubber: :auto-swerve: :banana-skier:

#16 ·
Well, we ended up getting 22 inches last night. so far it has been mostly YAY for the snow, but I think that is has reached the level of YUCK. Not for the astro, but because of all of the idiots out there trying to drive their little cars and getting stuck and forcing me to pull them out so that I can continue on my way.

How much did you guys end up with?

#18 ·
We got 5" here in OH the other day and I had mine out playing in it.

This is my first astro and my first awd vehicle and all I can say is WOW! It is pretty much unstoppable and that is with street tires, can't wait till I get some bfg at ko2 tires on it.....but that won't be till after the lift.

I took it out to a buddies tree stand out in the woods a week or so ago, up some pretty rough/muddy trails and he was very impressed. It does just as good as some true 4x4 trucks I've had minus the low range.

In other words, BRING ON THE SNOW!!!! :twisted:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.